Our client is a fast-growing third-party logistics provider servicing freight forwarders and shippers across the US. In 2019 they were recognized as one of Chicago’s Best & Brightest companies to work for and made the list of Inc 5000 fastest growing companies for three consecutive years (2017- 2019). They were founded with one simple idea in mind to raise the bar in logistics service and offer the best customer experience by combining the latest technology and customer centric philosophy.
Carrier Sales Manager
The mission of the Carrier Sales manager is to lead, manage, and drive accountability. This individual will also be responsible for building and managing carrier relationships, and ensuring loads are covered profitably within our client's quality standards & customer expectations.
Job Type: Full Time
- Ensure load coverage. Prioritize board and assign loads.
- Deliver on specific KPIs- Volume, Margin, Tracking Automation, Prebooking, and POD collection.
- Carrier sales strategy and workflow.
- Communicate solutions to carrier reps and account managers.
- Resolve escalated issues.
- Build strong relationships with all internal and external parties through transparency and effective teamwork.
- Direct the implementation of continuous improvement efforts.
- Work with leadership to ensure team is following best practices.
- Discuss potential solutions with management for better results and outcomes.
- Oversee audit reviews with compliance.
- Identify capacity solutions with team for blue chip customers.
- Be an effective leader through commitment and example.
- Present clear goals and expectations to team.
- Provide guidance to reps on activities and strategy
- Communicate our client's vision and long-term growth goals to team
- Deliver accurate and clear feedback.
- Minimum of 3 years of carrier sales experience.
- Experience with TMS & LinkedIn.
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Availability to respond to client escalations after traditional work hours and assigned weekends.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related To: ??????track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR