Our client provides quality, customized logistics solutions. They are committed to being the industry leader with their success built upon a foundation of customer service, lasting relationship, and a healthy culture.
Job Type: Full-time
Carrier Procurement Representative
This role will be responsible for building strong relationships with carriers and providing excellent follow up and customer service. This position will also be responsible for daily communications with customers and resolving any customer issues in a timely manner.
- Develop carrier relationships in order to effectively support our client’s customers.
- Source, qualify, and add, carriers to our client’s network.
- Utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed buying decisions.
- Engage in daily contact with carriers.
- Maintain and develop close relationships with carriers through daily communication and create field for long-term and successful collaboration.
- Secure transportation, match carriers with customers, and maintain positive customer and carrier relations.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues, think critically, and collaborate cross-functionally to determine the best course of action, and implement solutions.
- Work closely with the operations managers and sales team to ensure shipments are covered with the best viable option.
- Oversee carriers to ensure that loads are completed safely and on time.
- Utilize the Transportation Management System (TMS) to ensure shipment details are accurately entered, communicated, and tracked in the system.
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to carriers and internal customers.
- Research new carriers in the marketplace, generate leads, and develop new carrier relationships.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- Minimum of 2 years of sales and industry experience.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work cohesively and efficiently on a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and follow through.
- Energetic, detail-oriented and highly motivated.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC