Carrier Procurement Representative
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Carrier Sales (Brokering/Capacity Management)
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a premier freight and logistics company headquartered in South Carolina. Their company was founded on the idea that customer service and communication with their client partners are the most important elements of business. Their years of experience and their culture of developing mutually beneficial relationships with their customers and carriers have enabled them to offer the most economically efficient and reliable services in the transportation industry. They provide priority transportation services including Expedites, Dedicated Trailers, Flatbed & Heavy Hauls, LTL (less than truckload) Shipping, and Air Freight shipping for both domestic and international destinations, with same day air, priority, next day, second day, and deferred air options for critical shipments.
Carrier Procurement Representative:
This role will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating and securing carriers to move available freight in a timely and cost-effective manner. This role will also be responsible for tracking and tracing loads and ensuring that customer orders are accurate, compliant to quality standards, and delivered on time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Negotiate and secure carriers to move freight in a timely and cost-effective manner, while cultivating strong core carrier relationships.
- Maintain continuous communication with carriers and customers to ensure a high quality freight movement process.
- Negotiate the best rates with vendors to get the most cost-effective delivery options with customers and the most efficient routes with drivers.
- Ensure that freight is picked up, transported and delivered on time to meet and/or exceed client’s expectations.
- Ensure all parties are informed of route changes, delays, freight concerns, or other issues as necessary.
- Serve as the primary contact for customers and provide excellent follow up and customer service.
- File all appropriate paperwork as needed.
- Monitor driver progress, process orders and manage driver concerns.
- Schedule pick-up and delivery appointment times; must have insight into all factors affecting timeframe (weather, traffic, miles, service rules, etc.).
- Maintain and update accurate information in the company’s operating system.
- Find trucking companies that physically move clients’ freight using the company’s proprietary technology.
- Track back-end billing and invoicing to ensure that carrier charges are accurate.
- Communicate, report and document all extra or missing products, customers’ complaints and rejections.
- Maintain awareness of operations at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3+ years of prior carrier sales experience.
- Domestic 3PL experience (Full Truckload, Dry Van & Flatbed).
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proficient in MS Office products (specifically MS Excel).
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Self-motivated and business minded team player.
- Capacity to take on multiple mandates and prioritize.
- Resilient and dedicated spirit who thrives under pressure.
- Ability to be accessible to clients and suppliers outside of standard office hours.
- Entrepreneurial and driven professional with a winning mentality.
This position offers a competitive base salary and incentive.