Business Transportation Systems Analyst
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a rapidly growing, transportation and logistics provider specializing in freight brokerage and dedicated services. They strive to live by their core values of integrity, passion, unity, sustainability and humility. They love to promote from within and they provide excellent opportunities for growth and development.
Job Type: Full-time
Transportation Business Systems Analyst
Our client is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join their technology team. This role will interact with our client’s operations and accounting teams to understand their system needs and deliver technology solutions. A successful candidate will elicit requirements for configurations, integrations, software development, and reports for our client’s transportation management system (TMS) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, and work with vendors and coworkers to solve business problems.
- Collaborate with business areas to document business processes, gaps, and requirements.
- Partner with third-party vendors to configure and implement software changes in TMS and ERP systems.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors to assist with operations and accounting teams’ support cases or projects.
- Provide assistance during software implementation projects; support systems after go-live.
- Develop and modify reports, views, stored procedures, and ad-hoc queries using Microsoft SQL Server tools.
- Provide other software and system support, maintenance, development assistance as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, engineering, or related field.
- 2-5 years experience supporting business systems (preferably in the transportation/ logistics industry).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Programming experience and/or knowledge of relational databases a “great to have”.
This position offers a competitive base salary.