Business Transformation & BI Analyst Principal
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Manufacturing & Production
Shipper, Inventory Management
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, our client is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Their innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. They have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging their national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and their manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, they operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 55 manufacturing plants and 33 distribution centers. To enable their continued growth, they are looking to add top talent to their dynamic organization.
Business Transformation & BI Analyst Principal
Our client is seeking a Business Transformation & BI Analyst Principal who will be responsible for participating in process modeling, analysis and design efforts by establishing a common understanding of the business environment in which a project (or solution) must be defined, designed, created deployed, used and supported. This person will provide business performance management, organizational design, and business risk management to formulate business transformation plans. This position requires an understanding of business processes, systems, organizational structure, and Company requirements.
Job Type: Full-time/Hybrid Schedule
- Lead business process analysis by assessing stakeholder needs within the Supply Chain Planning function.
- Designs and builds dashboards using Power BI, as the standard Business Intelligence tool, for the purpose of supporting new business processes and for automating existing manual data retrieval and transformation tasks.
- Consults with functional groups to develop short- and long-term business transformation plans – as needed.
- Collaborate closely with internal and external BI developers, to ensure development is aligned with company’s standards.
- Analyzes complex business and user needs, defines business requirements, and recommends appropriate solutions. Provides business process management and technical consulting and expertise in resolving business problems.
- Identifies the critical elements of a business process that need to be monitored and managed
- Analyzes and consults on business strategies, business drivers, end-to-end business processes, associated information technology and organizational structures to achieve improvement in business.
- Defines – with process owners – the criteria of performance success in the context of a specific process.
- Facilitates strategic projects involved in evaluating and researching new and existing procedures and/or workflow needs associated with business systems for the company.
- Evaluates new IT developments and evolving business requirements and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
- Develops and/or modifies procedures to solve business problems by the innovative application of technology.
- Develops business cases to accomplish business objectives. Identifies, assesses, and mitigates business risks associated with the current operating model and/or desired target state operating models.
- Assigns responsibility for tasks, sets clear objectives, and monitors progress and results. Monitors project schedules and costs.
- Develops project plans, work breakdown structures, and deliverables for overall solution delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, management information, business, or related field is required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum two years progressive experience in planning, designing, and implementing business transformation initiatives. Experience in functional, process, information, and data modeling, data management and warehousing, and applications integration. In-depth experience with process re-design methods and tools
- Proficiency with Power BI, SQL and advance knowledge of Excel, Power Query
- Strong analytical skills, anchored in business acumen and requirements
- Inquisitive - Asks a lot of Questions
- Ability to present findings to business team in tangible, identifiable, meaningful manner
- Identifier and translator of technical needs to business needs and vice versa
- Ability to manage multiple and / or large projects.
- Ability to develop and apply innovative approaches to business problems and opportunities
- Technical writing skills capable to create standard work documented in procedures, work instructions, and metrics, etc.
- Strong project and process management skills
- Ability to lead effectively in an environment of change and ambiguity
- Strong oral and written communication skills to interact with all levels within the company as well as external parties
- Self-starter with the ability to be proactive, take the lead and prioritize
- Self-motivated and able to think strategically
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC