Our client provides premium, expedited shipment solutions throughout North America, while prioritizing the safety of their team members and independent contractor fleet. In pursuit of delivering excellence, the company provides world class exclusive-use shipping and time-definite services, White Glove Services for shipments that require extra care in handling, temperature control or specialized security; and Freight Solutions for connecting your shipment with the right carrier through their diverse network.
Business Planning & Analyst (BP&A) Principal
The Business Planning & Analysis (BP&A) Principal will drive business insights, actions, and accountability to meet and exceed organizational strategic goals. This position will lead and develop strategic analysis, reporting, and modeling to support data driven operational, technology, and financial planning decisions. The role is responsible for developing internal and external data sources to build business models including, impact analysis, risk identification and assessment, and ROI. The BP&A Principal will work closely with the executive team to evaluate and prioritize high-impact strategic projects throughout the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- Use data (internal & external) and financial modeling to drive decisions related to business performance, technology, and improvement opportunities ensuring continued growth and profitability.
- Identify and advance the organization’s understanding of key financial drivers.
- Create an organizational-wide KPI driven culture to support business agility. Establish and validate KPIs and associated metrics, analyze current and past trends, identify root cause of unexpected variance, and provide recommendations to address variances and optimize KPIs.
- Support business planning aligned with our strategic operating principles: Compete Collectively, Operate Collaboratively, Innovate Digitally.
- Identify areas with financial or business risk and model options to mitigate risk.
- Develop financial models to evaluate strategic initiatives and support strategic planning including ROI, impact analysis, and risk assessment.
- Proactively develop and maintain perspective on strategic implications of key developments in the external environment, industry trends, benchmarks, and competitor actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Data Analytics, Statistics or related discipline required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Data Analytics, Statistics or related discipline preferred.
- 8 to 10 years experience in financial analysis and modeling required.
- 10+ years experience in financial analysis and modeling is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to develop and present complex issues in a digestible and compelling manner across all levels of the organization.
- Extensive knowledge of financial modeling, statistical analyses, and key metrics used in the transportation industry.
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently, consider all stakeholder needs, and thrive in ambiguity.
- Exceptional data analysis skills with proven ability to synthesize large quantities of information to generate insights through both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Strong problem solving, critical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and within short time constraints in a complex business environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, Accounting, bookkeeping, auditing, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, balance, AR, AP, asset, inventory, expense, gross margin, revenue, CPA, Certified Public Accountant, overhead, trends, costs, sales reports, administrative services, receipts, W-9, 1099, ledger, payments, finance, schedules, commission, documentation, invoice, statements, billing, Excel, taxes, transactions, payment terms, accrued expenses, metrics, cost management, OPEX, COGS, CAPEX, actual costs, risks, savings potential, AOP, forecast, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Project Planning, Project Deadlines, Budget Management, Vendor Management, PMP, Risk Management, Forecasting, Process Improvement, Analytical, Agile, Executing Plans, Execution Metrics, MS Project, PMP, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC