Our client was founded in 2007 and has since evolved into a Top 100 3PL (third-party logistics) transportation provider servicing middle-market, as well as Fortune 500 companies. With a total customer focus and team-driven processes, our client is built to provide their customers with turnkey solutions specifically designed to cater to their transportation needs. It is the vibrant atmosphere and the people that really make the difference. Hiring energetic, driven, and talented team players have such a positive impact on the evolving culture. In the spirit of growth and development, employees are encouraged to provide opinions, collaborate with their peers and constantly share ideas on how to improve.
Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative solicits new business as well as builds and maintains relationships with current and prospective customers. The BDR is responsible for meeting and exceeding assigned revenue goals, quotas and metrics.
Job Type: Full-time
- Carry out daily business development activities to help achieve company profitability goals.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, cold calling and networking.
- Utilize software to maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Serve as a key point of contact with customers, develop and maintain strong relationships with new and existing customers.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of our client’s service offerings.
- Stay current on industry trends affecting existing and prospected clients in order to provide strategic insight to their logistics needs.
- Travel: 20% - 40% or as determined by individual clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Transportation Industry
- 2-3 years of practice in the following:
- Conducting successful B2B business development in logistics or transportation industry
- Verifiable record of achieving/exceeding revenue goals
- Proficient ability to identify and cultivate key account relationships
- Demonstrated ability to perform job independently
- Attention to details, including work quality and timelines
- Presents professionally to clients, and internal company audience o Assimilates into a team as a contributor or leader as appropriate
- Proficient using MS Office
- Minimum of 1 year experience with CRM Software
- Professional communications skills, both verbal and written.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, Expedite, Just in time, just-in-time, last minute, package delivery, last-mile, team drivers, sprinter van, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC