Our client is a leading, non-asset-based logistics company providing quality transportation and logistics services to shippers throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. They are recognized by Entrepreneur magazine in the "Hot 100", a listing of the 100 fastest growing businesses in America.
Through a proven record of excellence in the services they offer, our client has become a leading transportation and logistics company throughout the United States. Because they are family and growth orientated, they can provide a human touch to their discussions with you on your needs. Our client is able to adapt to your specific requirements, both in terms of load size and weight and of the pick-up location and destination.
Business Development Representative
The Business Development Executive’s responsibility is total customer satisfaction; ensuring shipments of product are transported according to the identified needs and priorities of our customers and carriers. This position requires cultivating new business opportunities through prospecting and cold calling activities as well as reviving dormant relationships to recapture and grow our clients business. This position requires a team player who is highly energetic and motivated, has strong phone and communication skills, and is adaptable and organized with problem solving skills and has a desire for continuous improvement and leading change throughout the organization.
Job Type: Full Time
- Cultivate new business opportunities through prospecting and cold calling activities.
- Maintain and grow existing relationships both internally and externally.
- Schedule face-to-face meetings with potential or existing clients when appropriate.
- Effectively use telephone, email, and other forms of communication to represent our client in the most professional manner.
- Collaborate with the Strategic Sourcing team to understand available capacity to present to clients allowing us to lead with asset-lite solutions.
- Participate in bi-weekly pipeline reviews with leadership to create sales strategies to approach customers.
- Anticipate and identify problems and proactively work to solve them.
- Track sales cycle progress and activity in McLeod CRM.
- Collaborate with the carrier sales team to ensure high levels of service are achieved and maintained on a load by load basis.
- Thoroughly understand the complete suite of transportation services offered by our client to be made available to clients. Strategically present these transportation offerings to new and existing clients to grow business and uncover additional opportunities.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Prior experience in transportation, shipping, supply chain or procurement is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior business acumen.
- Proven success in managing time and accomplishing tasks.
- Knowledge of Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR