Business Development Representative
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client was founded in 2007 and has since evolved into a Top 100 3PL (third-party-logistics) transportation provider servicing middle-market, as well as Fortune 500 companies. With a total customer focus and team-driven processes, our client is built to provide their customers with turnkey solutions specifically designed to cater to their transportation needs. It is the vibrant atmosphere and the people that really make the difference. Hiring energetic, driven, and talented team players have such a positive impact on the evolving culture. In the spirit of growth and development, the employees are encouraged to provide opinions, collaborate with their peers and constantly share ideas on how to improve.Business Development Representative:
The Business Development Representative solicits new business and maintains and builds relationships with current and prospective customers with the responsibility of achieving and exceeding assigned revenue goals.Responsibilities:
- Develop business through account identification and maintenance as well as account service expansion and maintenance.
- Create business development plans by account and market reach to meet assigned revenue goals.
- Cultivate lasting and trusting account relationships.
- Establish pipeline of account prospects by way of continuous communication, tracking and engagement.
- Arrange and meet with potential accounts and clients, including some travel.
- Participate in cold-calling activities to infiltrate new account leads daily.
- Create business quotes and revenue proposals for potential and current clients.
- Regularly update and maintain CRM software.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience in related field.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of practice in the following:
- Conducting successful B2B business development, preferably in transportation or logistics.
- Verifiable record of achieving/exceeding revenue goals.
- Proficient ability to identify and cultivate key account relationships.i
- Demonstrated ability to performj obindependently.
- Attention to details, including work quality, timelines, and proficiency.tracking
- Capable to self-manage multiple tasks in a work period, includingcompletion.andorganization, prioritization
- Presents professionally to account representatives, clients, and workplaceaudience.
- Assimilates into a team as a contributor or a leader as appropriate.
- Personal character capable of processing rejection, avoidance, urgency, and alarming events in a reasonable and productive manner for a desirabl successful outcome.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient using MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- A minimum of 1-2 years with CRM software.
- Travel: 20% - 40% local travel.
- Vehicle: reliable transportation.
- Technology: smart phone preferred.
This position offers acompetitiveBase Salary + Bonus Opportunity and Benefits.