Our client is the leader in providing specialized, technology-enabled solutions for the most challenging supply chains. Powered by an interconnected platform, they create end-to-end efficiencies and cost-savings that help suppliers, distributers, and retailers exceed customer expectations. From performance-driven labor solutions to high-touch transportation and fulfillment, our client delivers the scale, accountability, and continuity that enables modern supply chains to compete in an ever-evolving environment.
Job Type: Full Time
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for leveraging our client’s suite of capacity services and solutions to identify potential new customers, nurture relationships, and build lasting partnerships. This individual will have access to unlimited leads and account access that other 3PLs can’t offer.
- Achieve and exceed monthly and quarterly KPIs & financial objectives.
- Prospect new clients by way of industry referrals, networking, researching, etc.
- Understand prospective clients’ unique shipping requirements via phone, email, and face-to-face meetings.
- Effectively manage a consistent pipeline to ensure leads are converted to landed accounts.
- Design and execute a business development strategy for each account that provides continuous, profitable growth.
- Approach quoting opportunities strategically to maximize profit and growth.
- Oversee client management’s daily activity, including load entry, procurement and tracking to ensure a seamless experience.
- Prepare for client business reviews and provide ongoing feedback in support of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good understanding of fundamental business concepts
- Team-oriented player with a positive energy
- Strong ability to persuade, be strategic, motivate, and influence others
- Persistent and resilient with a tenacious appetite for success
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships
- Responsible self-starter, highly motivated to succeed
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload