Our client is known for smart infrastructure, responsive service, and the kind of problem solving expertise that only comes from decades of experience. For over fifty years, they have been building their reputation for reliability and make-it-happen solutions - one shipment, one seamless transfer, one impossible deadline at a time.
Business Development Executive- Logistics
This role will have the responsibility to successfully initiate and develop business opportunities with new and existing customers. This role will develop and manage their individual portfolio and work in a collaborative team environment. This role will also be responsible for prospecting, reaching out to referrals, and business to business selling to generate inside and outside transactional sales.
Full-time/ Work from home
- Proactively identify, pursue and maintain a constant pipeline of potential brokerage customers to meet or exceed established quotas.
- Gain and maintain access to decision makers via a disciplined and structured prospecting regimen, including cold calling, networking, attending tradeshows and social media.
- Explain products or services and answer questions from customers.
- Prepare estimates and bids that meet specific customer needs.
- Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals.
- Take the lead in negotiating and closing deals by uncovering and addressing objections/ concerns from the customer.
- Accurately track growth opportunities through a customer relation management CRM tool.
- Customer Focus
- Research leads, qualify prospects and spend a significant amount of time prospecting for new clients via phone, email or in person.
- Collaborate to prepare rates for prospective business partners to gain lucrative opportunities that will assist you in successfully meeting individual monthly, quarterly and team goals and initiatives.
- Work effectively with customers and carriers.
- Book shipments and prepare and maintain all load documentation.
- Manage existing business accounts and continuously exude the highest level of customer service.
- Work in a blended role of operations and sales in a collaborative office environment.
- Manage complex transactional or emotional customer situations promptly and professionally.
- Internal Business Partnership
- Leverage operational support while working within a team to continually improve the efficiency of overall book of business.
- Work closely with other team members to draft Request for Proposals (RFPs) and ensure clients receive it by a specific date.
- Negotiate pricing and contract terms with new clients and work closely with other cross functional departments to review, edit and finalize contracts.
- Develop contact and strategic account plans in conjunction with other cross functional teams.
- Develop strategic territory plans which include the identification of high to medium potential accounts.
- Minimum of 5 years experience within the freight, transportation and trucking industry.
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience with a proven track record in generating profitable revenue growth and retaining existing customers.
- Previous experience in full truckload or LTL business development and operational environment preferred.
- Excellent listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and sales skills.
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and ability to take initiative.
- Computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Ability to work independently and under pressure while representing the company in a professional manner.
This position offers a competitive base salary.