Business Development Executive
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Outside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Since 1975, our client has continually strived to surpass previous standards of quality and performance, carving innovation into their culture along the way. They can transport customers goods between Canada and anywhere across North America, as well as, internationally via their full range of transportation, logistics and distribution services.
Business Development Executive
The Business Development Executive will be responsible for directing sales efforts to expand the Company's base for their logistics businesses within the State of Illinois. Their goal will be to generate net new business and ensure that sales targets are met or exceeded across all lines of business.
Reporting to the Director of Sales-Logistics, the Business Development Executive will work closely with the Logistics Sales team and external customers as an integral part of the Company's aggressive growth plans in North America. This is an exciting opportunity for a sales professional who enjoys a fast pace and can work well independently as well as with a dynamic team.
- Generating leads through cold calling, networking and referrals in an effort to land new business.
- Managing a balanced sales funnel, executing all steps of the sales process from target to close to continually secure new business.
- Exceed all standards for prospecting calls, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Maintaining and growing new business in an assigned territory.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction maintaining close contact with all customers – including follow up on concerns or other issues.
- Provide a solution-based sales approach to drive new business across multiple lines of business; Logistics, FTL, reefer, flatbed, intermodal, air & ocean.
- Negotiate contracts and rate agreements.
- Develop, execute and monitor strategic and tactical goals to maximize sales, profit and to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Provide documented activity reports of your sales efforts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis, including: territory trending, sales reports/analysis, CRM reports, trade spending analysis, expense reports, etc.
- Follow all company policies, ethics and company procedures.
- Minimum 1 - 2 years’ experience within the logistics-based transportation industry in a Sales Executive or National Account sales function with consistent strong Sales revenues and margins is a must
- Post-secondary degree is preferred but not essential if candidate has appropriate sales training or experience
- Extremely organized, flexible, proactive and creative
- Excellent selling, presentation and communication skills
- Strong business knowledge of North American transportation modes and customers
- PC competency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel program
- Possession of a valid license and a suitable vehicle (extensive travel required)
- Travel within Illinois or other states / Canadian Provinces may be required (15%)
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC