Our client was started in 1992 and is headquartered in
Portland, OR. They are a non-asset based third party logistics firm that was founded to provide innovative transportation logistics solutions to the time-sensitive printed advertising market. In 2005 they successfully expanded their services to include the direct mail industry. In 2010 they expanded once again, adding a full-service freight brokerage department to deliver across all markets. Today, they continue to invest in their organization and expand their service offerings, helping their clients successfully meet their shipping challenges with cost-effective solutions that fit their schedules and their budgets.
Brokerage Sales Representative, Cradle to Grave
The Brokerage Sales Representative is responsible for the day-to-day
management of brokerage freight moves. The Brokerage Sales Representative should have demonstrable success in business development and client on-boarding.
Job Type: Full-time/ Work from home
- Execute day-to-day management of brokerage freight moves.
- Proactively manage, develop, build, and secure successful shipping and carrier relationships.
- Source and negotiate with carrier base to move customer loads at lowest cost.
- Follow through on each load transaction from beginning to end.
- Ensure a consistent elevated level of customer service.
- Monitor and aid in POD retrieval, tracking activation, and other duties as assigned.
- Two-three years of non-asset 3pl experience.
- Knowledge and experience selling FTL/LTL freight solutions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills-both internally and externally.
- No work restrictions-IE non-compete/non-solicitation.
- Demonstrable success in business development and client on-boarding.
- Verifiable client following preferred.
- Ability to perform at a high level in a cradle to grave environment.
- Working knowledge of Office 365, Excel and Outlook.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, cradle to grave, cradle-to-grave, C2G, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC