Our client helps businesses better understand and optimize their transportation programs by combining smarter analytics with advanced technology, committed service and innovative freight programs. Their typical customers operate growing businesses with transportation functions that have exceeded internal capacity, access to technology, resources and experience to effectively manage day-to-day transportation function on their own. Additionally, they assist clients looking to minimize transportation-related costs as a way to increase their market competitiveness. Founded in 2009, our client is one of the largest third-party logistics (3PL) providers in the United States. With over 500 employees and working with over 10,000 customers to provide successful shipping solutions, the company has achieved explosive growth in its 10-year operating history.
Brokerage Sales Manager
This position is primarily responsible for driving revenue growth through coaching and managing the daily activity of sales employees.
- Coach sales team and new hires through their first 90 days:
- Monitor, review and provide live-coaching on calls daily.
- Routinely coach and identify areas of improvement.
- Provide feedback and role practice.
- Provide visibility for an ensure they are meeting daily activity goals.
- Provide guidance for an ensure compliance of company processes.
- Provide guidance and approval for truckload pricing decisions.
- Assist in clearing obstacles preventing them from activity.
- Direct and prioritize daily activities.
- Communicate with Senior Sales Managers and/or Leadership on individual areas of development and progress.
- Submit coaching sheets weekly for review and strategy.
- Teach, coach and oversee that performance objectives are kept up to date.
- Coach non-direct reports as assigned or deemed necessary.
- Work with Carrier Sales Coach and/or Leadership to resolve issues, improve best practices, promote teamwork and communication.
- Proactively and effectively communicate.
- Communicate all relevant information proactively.
- Communicate with team, other personnel, management and vendors.
- Be detailed, concise and professional in all correspondence.
- Provide thorough explanation when educating internal and external customers.
- Previous sales managerial experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff, schedules and performance.
- Proven ability to develop sales professionals.
- Previous transportation planning and/or traffic coordination background preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills over the phone, through written communication, and in person.
- Ability to set and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Compliance to adhere to the company’s guiding principles or core values.
This position offers a competitive base salary.