Our client has been providing industry leading logistic services, like no other, since 1982. They pride themselves on exceeding expectations with all of your transportation and warehousing needs. Competitive rates and exceptional customer service are guaranteed when you work with them.
Brokerage Operations Manager
This role will be responsible for prospecting and maintaining carrier relationships, managing, and administering operational policies, and establishing and maintaining systems for measuring aspects of operational management and development. The ideal candidate must be energetic, organized, and self-motivated while providing superior service and a friendly attitude to clients.
Job Type: Full-time
- Lead and drive employee development, initiative, and capability to achieve accountability within the Operations Team.
- Oversee customer shipments, routing requests, and assign approved service provider for transportation based on carrier matrix and other factors.
- Develop and maintain carrier relationships across all modes.
- Motivate, develop, and train employees.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development.
- Assist in mode and service offering strategies and execution.
- Respond to customer issues in a timely manner to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Strive for continuous improvement and identify opportunities to increase efficiency in all operations.
- Communicate company and departmental goals and status to employees on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the General Manager and Owner daily to ensure all metrics are being exceeded across all departments.
- Other duties and tasks may be assigned to the Operation Manager at the discretion of the President and or Senior Leadership.
- 5+ years industry-related experience.
- Proven track record of successful team management.
- Successful track record of building relationships with stakeholders and customers that has resulted in a high satisfaction rate.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills to develop solutions to complex and multi-disciplined issues.
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment and work collaboratively with all cross functional.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management