Our client is a supply chain problem solver in the produce industry. Their brokers are produce specialists that specialize in the purchasing and transporting of fresh fruit and vegetables.
Brokerage General Manager- Produce
Our client is looking for a General Manager who will provide leadership to the company to achieve key objectives in the logistics market and build a strong brand in the industry and also drive the company’s growth into the dry freight market. This role will be responsible for the overall performance of the company and will execute business plans.
Job Type: Full-time
- Lead the overall processes of the company including operations, staff recruitment, training of employees, and sales team.
- Develop sales and marketing strategies to achieve revenue growth and ensure performance targets are met.
- Monitor and direct the sales team to achieve sales goals and targets.
- Develop client relations through value-added initiatives, innovative logistics solutions.
- Provide guidance and direction for logistics solutions to customers and internal teams to increase productivity and to improve the quality of projects.
- Engage secure large customers and meet customers directly.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in the brokerage/trucking industry.
- Previous trucking/brokerage sales experience.
- Prior experience with growing a company.
- Previous experience managing a Sales team.
- Experience with financial management is preferred.
- Strong managerial experience and run adaption of account executives and dispatchers.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management, networking & negotiation skills.
- Ideally should know financials.
- Must be comfortable working with remote staff.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Food Stuffs, Grocery, FDA, Inspection, Food Grade, Consumables, Perishables, Edibles, Safety, Inspection, OSHA, Certified, Certification, Quality, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC,