Brokerage Account Manager
City & State:
Elk Grove Village, IL
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client was founded in January of 2012 to provide additional solutions to their growing customer base. At our client’s company, they are a family of companies that are family owned and operated. They are based in Elk Grove Village, IL with offices across the U.S. and internationally. With new experienced leadership in place, they are looking to grow the company the right way.
Job Type: Full-time
Brokerage Account Manager:
This role is responsible for growing a portfolio of existing accounts as well as supporting the onboarding of new accounts. In addition, this role will develop and implement strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve objectives for growth and profitability for the assigned portfolio of accounts.
- Develop, expand and maintain relationships with key accounts.
- Organize and lead business reviews with customers discussing past performance, current issues and opportunities as well as status on long term plan and deliverables.
- Develop and update long-term account plans and ensure goals, deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Develop supply chain/logistics solutions for clients that will create value for the client short and long term.
- Responsible for problem resolution for any accounts assigned.
- Identify and qualify opportunities for additional business.
- Work with internal cross-functional team developing solutions for opportunities and present to account.
- Establish operating procedures for accounts assigned and make changes when needed, train internal staff and members of customer’s team in processes.
- Maintain ownership of and accountability to revenue projections for individual accounts and complete portfolio.
- Actively drive successful customer onboarding to your team.
- Lead larger customer projects across organization in coordination with customer to meet service requirements.
- Assist in negotiating pricing agreements with clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant account management experience.
- Proven ability in strategy development and program implementation.
- Experience in negotiating customer pricing.
- Demonstrated ability in organically growing existing accounts.
- Ability to work cohesively and efficiently on a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and follow through.
- Energetic, detail-oriented and highly motivated.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus bonus.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload