At our client's company, their team members are their greatest asset. Combined, their team has a total of 82 years of experience in various sectors of the transportation industry. Each team member brings a valuable skill set, that creates a comprehensive partner for managing your supply chain needs. They are dedicated to providing their carrier partners and customers with the highest level of customer service and strategically tailored solutions.
Job Type: Full-time
Brokerage Account Executive
Our client’s business development team is looking to add a National Account Executive. This role will be responsible for building and managing a portfolio of clients by generating leads, making sales calls, identifying and closing new business opportunities, and managing the execution of the solution. A successful candidate will possess a hunter mentality, cultivate lasting relationships with customers, and continually develop their knowledge base of the logistics industry to run their business.
- Generate leads through sales tools provided by our client, including using social media to promote our client’s services and referrals from current customers and your personal network.
- Prospect leads to determine and cold call decision-makers to develop opportunities through scheduled calls to learn about the client’s business, supply chain and logistics needs.
- Design a solution for customers’ needs with assistance of internal resources and develop a proposal to present to the customer and close the sale.
- Initiate onboarding of new clients or new business with existing clients with the help of finance, operations, IT and any resource that will make the solution successful for your client.
- Provide unparalleled customer service to all customers in your portfolio by cultivating relationships at multiple levels of their organization, staying aware of changes within their business and regularly scheduled reviews to maintain customer satisfaction and further growth of the account.
- Maintain aging of accounts with the help of accounting and other resources as needed.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated hunter mentality. Comfortable selling to all organizational levels.
- Experience or knowledge of supply chain management, logistics and/or the transportation industry is a plus but not required.
- Must have solid working knowledge of Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), experience with Salesforce and other CRMs or TMSs a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with individuals at various levels across departments is required.
- Proactive attitude and takes initiative to build a portfolio.
- Strong verbal communication skills, relationship building and interpersonal skills with emphasis on customer service.
- Detail oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Well-organized, enthusiastic, creative, professional and a positive team member.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC