Our client is an independent processor of quality beef, pork and chicken. They focus on selling to the hotel, restaurant, and institution markets. They also specialize in custom cuts for further processors including but not limited to grinding operations, deli and jerky manufacturers, and the prepared entrée market. This company was founded in 1990. In that first year, the company transacted $6 million in sales out of a single 10,000 square foot facility. Today, 30 years later, they produce sales in excess of $150 million and operates out of two facilities in a campus environment encompassing 80,000 square feet. The company employs over 100 specialty butchers who customize meat for selective chefs.
Bilingual Production Supervisor
Our client is seeking a Bilingual Production Supervisor for both 1st and 2nd shift. This person would be responsible for efficiently managing the production lines of either fresh or frozen product that conforms to the specifications of the company and the standards of the customer.
Job Type: Full Time
- Maintain plant floor presence to evaluate daily operations and make necessary changes; audit department and individual production levels.
- Ensures proper scheduling of employees, materials and supplies to meet production/delivery schedules; overseas and controls overtime hours to minimize unscheduled costs.
- Takes action to improve production efficiency of plant employees based on information disseminated.
- Monitor all work that is being performed to ensure that it meets the specifications and standards established by the company; Take immediate action to remedy any non-compliant situations.
- Monitor safety performance, taking appropriate action to commend safe work practices and prevent/resolve safety infractions; Supports safety initiative and incentives.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, incentivize and discipline (up to and including the termination) of direct reports.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures to protect all employees and company property including tools, equipment, raw materials and finished products.
- Communicate with employees, managers, inspectors, customers and visitors.
- Responsible for coaching and training of production personnel, including holding group meetings to communicate methods and standards.
- Determine ways to increase production while adhering to safety standards; promoting a culture of safety.
- Suggest packaging methods that will increase product quality and/or handling.
- Proactively work with QC Inspectors to ensure production standards.
- Proactively present issues with proposed solutions.
- Responsible for timecards and payroll changes for production employees.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Follow all safety regulations and support others in working safely.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Staff supervision experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of related work experience.
- Food service plant experience; preferably meat.
- Experience in a goal-oriented production environment.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, organizing own workload to maintain high quality and output while achieving set deadlines and targets.
- Good supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills; analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to positively function within an atmosphere of collaboration and accountability.
- Personal resiliency.
- Ability to perform effectively within ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work with cold materials in a cold, humid environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage