Our client has a 45-year track record of excellence in Freight Forwarding and Logistics. They are well established, well-funded and profitable. They have corporate offices covering the world (very focused in Asia) and are a top twenty global air forwarder and are among the Top Ten in the Asia/US market. They are experiencing tremendous growth, and with this growth opportunity abounds.
Assistant General Manager - Freight Forwarding
The Assistant General Manager - Freight Forwarding position will be responsible for helping to manage the station, its staff and clients, with responsibility for the station’s P/L and future growth.
- Interfacing with Global HQ and USA HQ and furnishing company business reports
- Maintaining current clientele and expanding the company’s revenues and profits with new business
- Plan for future development and contingencies, encompassing economic and global changes
- Responsible for setting an example for the employees by exemplifying and demanding appropriate conduct, good character and a strong work ethic. Responsible for fostering teamwork and productivity through strong leadership and guidance.
- Recruit qualified candidates to perform the assigned jobs
- Regular meetings with staff to evaluate their performance and potential and to find out the difficulties they encounter
- Keep proper files and records to ensure the office is in compliance with Customs and Government regulations
- Assist sales team in creating marketing and pricing strategy and ensure desired results are achieved Ensure healthy AR/AP flow
- 5-7 years of experience in a managerial position
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of studyExposure to the Asian markets
- Strong people management skills required
- Background in Asian-based forwarding companies (China, Japan, Korea, Indian Subcontinent)
- Operations and warehouse knowledge preferred
This position offers a competitive base salary