At our client's company, their team members are their greatest asset. Combined, their team has a total of 82 years of experience in various sectors of the transportation industry. Each team member brings a valuable skill set, that creates a comprehensive partner for managing your supply chain needs. They are dedicated to providing their carrier partners and customers with the highest level of customer service and strategically tailored solutions.
Job Type: Full-time
Assistant Fleet Coordinator
This individual will assist the Fleet Coordinator in the overall creation, efficiency, growth, strategy and execution for the Fleet Management Department. This position reports to the Director of Fleet Management.
- Increase program revenue by enforcing the bounds of the Interchange agreement.
- Ensure all accessorial charges are entered, completed loads are de-badged and coded correctly, distributes new rate cons, and perfects hand-off to accounting.
- Communicate to accounting any charges that exceed or will not be featured on the rate con.
- Track and monitor compliance issues generated by PO Carrier Rep. division.
- Ensure all loads record driver information and correct trailer number.
- Schedule regular follow-ups to pursue resolution of all non-compliant items.
- Maintain communication with delinquent carriers and their CRs.
- Support Operations team in achieving cost efficiency goals.
- Build and post loads for in- and out-fleet moves and intercompany transfers
- Organize and track accounting efforts.
- Receive, code, and submit to the Director all of the department invoices.
- Pursue resolution to all open fleet and repair order audit non-reconciling items.
- Track and monitor new and existing cargo and casualty claims.
- Identify trailer damages that require insurance intervention/carrier insurer support.
- Receive and document all cargo claims that are carrier fault or otherwise.
- Foster communication between all parties, schedule interval follow-ups and motivate the resolution process, establish clear escalation strategies when process fails to generate results.
- Work with the Director of Fleet Management to develop risk strategies to see that customers made whole earlier in the process and establishes guidelines for understanding collectability of a claim.
- Liaison with external legal and insurance counsel, receive and document their consultation.
- Catalog customer contracts, advise operations team of issues wherein.
- Cultivate relationship with Illinois Insurance Commission, acquire and leverage resources.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of transportation experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of customer service experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a positive attitude and desire to learn.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work and thrive independently.
- Strong decision-making skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR