Our client brings multiple points of supply chain compliance, optimization, and management together with expert market intelligence and information technology. Their cutting-edge, web-based solution allows them to provide fully customizable deployment, implementation, execution, and management solutions for full truckload, less-than-truckload, ocean, air freight, and parcel. This solution allows their customer’s to connect instantly with carriers, view and analyze up-to-date data, and receive real-time rates for every shipment in their supply chain.
AP Audit Specialist:
This individual will work in a multi-client environment with the primary focus on auditing carrier invoices according to contract terms, resolving invoicing discrepancies, and identifying root cause for correction.
- Full and complete understanding of audit procedures and company policies.
- Communicate with various internal teams to address problems preventing freight bills from being paid.
- Audit freight invoices by interpreting and applying carrier rate provisions and customer contracts.
- Conduct full audit of carrier invoices vs company system calculations to validate any variances in pricing.
- Provide documentation of variances in invoices.
- Contact carriers to resolve invoice discrepancies while keeping all documentation of events.
- Research, analyze, and identify issues/errors on freight invoices.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties as needed to drive resolution.
- Communicate with carriers when a rating discrepancy has been identified.
- Interact with clients in resolving problems and coordinating implementations.
- Address elevated problem resolution invoices to AP Audit Manager for final resolution.
- Identify and categorize shipping exceptions.
- Identify OS&D shipments.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1+ years of industry experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, accounting, bookkeeping, auditing, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, balance, AR, AP, asset, inventory, expense, gross margin, revenue, CPA, Certified Public Accountant, overhead, trends, costs, sales reports, administrative services, receipts, W-9, 1099, ledger, payments, finance, schedules, commission, documentation, invoice, statements, billing, Excel, taxes, transactions, payment terms, accrued expenses, metrics, cost management, OPEX, COGS, CAPEX, actual costs, risks, savings potential, AOP, forecast