Our client is a leading provider of multimodal transportation, warehousing, and distribution services throughout North America. They are known for their innovative solutions and financial strength and stability. Their people, processes and systems work together to deliver superior performance and value to their customers every day.
This individual will work to identify, recruit and support a network of outside sales Agents and to maximize yield on the business.
Job Type: Full-time
- Effectively utilizes contacts and networking within the transportation brokerage industry to develop and expand the company’s network of Agents.
- Identifies new Agent prospects, and follows up on leads to recruit new Agents.
- Works with prospective Agents to execute the company’s agent agreement.
- Engages Agent prospect in contract negotiations and financial terms.
- Works with the internal team to ensure each new Agent is on-boarded effectively, including training on all systems and practices.
- Works regularly with Agents once they join the company, to identify and secure new business opportunities, and to obtain invitations for the company to bid on and secure new business.
- Works with Agent network to secure highest possible yields for the company.
- Manages Agent turnover.
- Complies with all company rules, policies, and procedures. Works and behaves safely by following all safety rules and regulations.
- Performs any task required to support customer requirements and company goals.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. College degree preferred.
- Bachelors’ degree from a four-year college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Minimum 3+ years of progressive experience in the transportation/highway brokerage industry with a developed network of Agent contacts to leverage in expanding the company’s Agent base.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively with the Agent network, carrier base, and internal teams, as well as working independently.
- Ability to utilize all necessary forms of available information technology including Internet, Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint to maximize recruiting effectiveness.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Must consistently demonstrate professional and pleasant behavior and effectively communicate in stressful situations and/or environments.
- Ethics: Consistently keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically; upholds the company’s organizational values and Code of Conduct.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Recruiting, recruit, hire, interview, prospect, candidate, recruiter, talent acquisition, human resources, headhunting, agency, consulting, consultation, staffing, talent search, talent agency, executive search, employment, network, sourcing, strategy development, offers, negotiations, search firms, placement agencies, selection practices, talent lifecycle, talent attraction, TA, job leveling, salary trends, project management, volume hiring, compensation, job, application, resume, assessment, job search, preparation, applicant, submission, submittals, screening, boolean search, benefits, direct hire, direct placement, DOE, employee referral program, entry level, EEO, full life cycle, hiring manager, independent contributor, job description, requirements, job seeker, non disclosure agreements, non compete agreement, onboarding, phone screen, pipeline, reference check, resume parsing, commission, filling the position, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC