Account Manager (Parcel)
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client brings multiple points of supply chain compliance, optimization, and management together with expert market intelligence and information technology. Their cutting-edge, web-based solution allows them to provide fully customizable deployment, implementation, execution, and management solutions for full truckload, less-than-truckload, ocean, air freight, and parcel. This solution allows their customer’s to connect instantly with carriers, view and analyze up-to-date data, and receive real-time rates for every shipment in their supply chain.
Account Manager (Parcel):
This role will create long-term, trusting relationships with the company’s customers. This individual will ensure quality service is performed for the customers and actively assist in sales opportunities. Responsibilities include developing strong relationships with customers, and working with internal departments to ensure proper execution of services. Also, will answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing customers. In this role, you will liaise with cross-functional internal teams (including IT, Development, Data Analysis and Finance) to improve the entire customer experience. This company specializes in data handling, so a working understanding of databases and Excel is critical. Ideally, candidates for this role will know how to engage with internal teams to delivery customer satisfaction. Ultimately, this individual should collaborate with all internal departments and drive process improvements while keeping the clients satisfied and engaged with company products and services in the long-run.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters.
- Build and maintain strong and long-lasting client relationships.
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of company solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas.
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts).
- Prepare reports on account status.
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory.
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field.
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- A comprehensive background in logistics including Parcel, LTL, FTL, Freight Forwarding and other related modes of transportation.
- Understanding of Parcel and Freight contracts.
- Understanding of Parcel and Freight RFP processes.
- Solid experience with Excel and relational databases.
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel