City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Outside
Telematics, Non-Asset (Complex Supply Chain Solutions), IT (Information Technology), Freight Audit, Enterprise (Full spectrum of solutions)
Our client was founded to fill a gap in the transportation space by providing a SaaS platform that solves challenges in clients’ visibility, optimization, manual processes and cost. By leveraging technology, innovation, agile development, and industry expertise, they tightly integrate with their clients’ existing infrastructure to reduce time, money and resources spent on shipping. They are ready to serve clients in all verticals, in all states, and of all sizes.
They were honored to receive the #2 fastest growing company in 2019 by Inc. 5000. This is not a 'pay to play' list. This is the 'real deal' and requires that each of the 5000 companies submit audited financials to prove growth for accuracy. Being selected #2 out of 5000 by a very reputable organization shows how fast we are growing as a company, their offering is being well received, etc.. All this trickles down to their employees.
The Account Director is responsible for growing revenue for the company by utilizing strong skills and industry experience in B2B sales, strategy and negotiation. This is a hybrid position focused on both inside and outside sales. This individual consults with prospects and partners to help achieve their goals and drive business strategies while maximizing the highest level of quality and client satisfaction. The Account Director is experienced in growing sales through strategic partnerships with other companies or individuals that wish to expand their portfolio of services to their customer base.
Job Type: Full-time / Work from Home
- Generate new business through prospecting, acquiring and developing strategic partnerships via on-site client meetings.
- Develop and maintain accounts using a systematic method of sales skills and techniques helping our clients generate new business opportunities.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with customers to ensure maximum profitability.
- Make persuasive group presentations.
- Manage multiple projects and partners
- Commitment to customer service with a sense of urgency.
- Respond to and follow up sales inquiries using appropriate methods.
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Achieve yearly KPI and compliance goals.
- Demonstrate behaviors associated with a high-performance sales culture; specifically, sales and negotiation expertise to successfully increase all phases of the sales cycle and to professionally secure a client.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Moderate to heavy travel to prospect and/or client locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) or equivalent education combined with work experience.
- 5-7+ years of relevant Technology and / or SaaS sales experience (Focused in B2B sales & account management)
- Solid understanding of Small Parcel and / or LTL freight
- Track record of success in securing strategic partnerships
- Highly motivated with strong competitive drive
- Knowledge base and relationships with shippers, 3PLs, freight forwarders, parcel automation, packaging, carriers, and other industry related services.
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent negotiation & persuasive skills.
- Excellent phone communication and presentation skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.