Our client is a North America-based freight brokerage firm with expertise in Full Truck Load (FTL) and rail delivery of dry freight, specializing in pulp and paper commodities and related allied products. They enjoy strong partnerships with warehouses across the nation and have their own facilities strategically located throughout the United States. They also have contract rates with all major rail carriers.
3PL Operations Manager:
This position is responsible for leading carrier development and non-asset freight operations for the Brokerage division; immediate term focus on rapidly developing a carrier network / capacity. In addition, this individual will be responsible for creating an environment where all Carrier Sales Representatives are internally competitive, high performing, self-motivated, follow established procedures and live company values. This individual will also work to strategically develop long-term carrier relationships.
- Develop and maintain best business practices and carrier sales strategies.
- Recruit, train, develop, and manage the team to ensure individual and company success.
- Lead the Carrier and Operations team responsible for matching loads, scheduling shipments, ensuring on time pick-up and delivery, and maintaining positive relationships with carriers.
- Create and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) within the carrier department.
- Manage the coordination of freight movements via various modes.
- Focus on carrier relationship development, negotiated discounted rates, and service reliability.
- Accurately price RFPs with input from teams.
- Continuously develop current pricing on all lanes through direct contact with carriers, posting loads and utilizing 3rd party data sources.
- Direct and oversee buyers and new carrier acquisition.
- Implement and train best practice Negotiate rates with carriers.
- Identify “struggle” lanes with new and existing carriers and work with the team to acquire lanes.
- Follow through on each transaction from beginning to end by selling and closing each freight deal with third party carrier partners.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a growing active carrier base with detailed equipment and resources so it is searchable and easy for load planners to maximize their audience.
- Understand and promote company’s culture, goals, policies and procedures.
- College degree in business or transportation field is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with logistics operations and management.
- Working knowledge and utilization of transportation management systems.
- Strong management skills and leadership presence to command and motivate carrier group.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to think and respond quickly to service issues.
- Must have strong presentation skills and the ability to handle negotiations.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload