Our client is a 100% family owned and operated, non-asset based company. They have less bureaucracy and an office culture that brings everyone together like family. With a rock-solid credit history, they are well financed and looking to grow and help their team. The company has solid roots because they believe in God, their employees, their communities, and their country.
3PL Operations Manager:
This individual is essential to the success of a growing Transportation Brokerage. This particular position will be responsible for the day to day operations of the "floor" and acts as a liaison between accounting, claims management, sales, and customer account manager teams. This individual will report to the president/owner of the company.
- Effectively manage a team of 20-25 employees (source new candidates, hire and release as necessary) including scheduling.
- Ensure adequate Carrier Sales Representatives, track and trace members are staffed for the various division and schedules (24/7).
- Understands how to negotiate rates with carriers and assist in rating lanes for contracted freight in collaboration with the sales team.
- Able to train and teach Carrier Sales Representatives on carrier development, rate negotiating and sourcing.
- Maintain strong relationship with the Account Management Team and Sales Team.
- Help with the development and management of customer accounts.
- Assist in claims management (data collection).
- Understands the demanding hours of a full service brokerage and willing to be available.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a management role in a Freight Brokerage.
- Managed a team of individuals and understands how to negotiate.
- Willing to work after-hours via cell phone.
- Strong customer service skills and excellent work ethic.
- Ability to multi-task and process information quickly and timely.
- Must have effective negotiation and problem solving skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.