3PL Carrier Performance Analyst
City & State:
Des Plaines, IL
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Non-Asset (Complex Supply Chain Solutions), Managed Transportation
Our client is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. They achieve their business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. They help their customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
3PL Carrier Performance Analyst:
This individual will focus on managing the performance of the company’s existing carrier base. The successful candidate will develop relationships with existing carriers, identify their strengths, match their available capacity with existing lane needs, as well as negotiate rates and contracts. As a member of the Carrier Procurement team, this position will be responsible for delivering results by maximizing carrier relationships, reducing cost, improving service, and increasing carrier capacity.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing carriers.
- Monitor carrier performance utilizing carrier scorecards and hold carriers accountable for established KPI’s.
- Issue and manage corrective action plans.
- Utilize benchmarks to procure transportation services at rates that are competitive to the company.
- Act as the escalation point for carriers and internal teams to resolve service and operational issues.
- Manage carriers to ensure compliance to government regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Communicate market conditions which may impact capacity, cost, and service.
- Negotiate contract renewals and rate agreements.
- Collaborate with carriers and internal teams on continual improvement initiatives.
- Manage network, ad hoc, and lane level RFP’s.
- Ensure carrier capacity meets operational needs.
- Create and manage route guides.
- Manage spot loads (bid board).
- Utilize FreightFriend, Carma and other carrier management applications.
- May be required to be on call and work as part of a Saturday rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in Logistics, Transportation, or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience or related training.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in logistics, transportation, supply chain management, brokerage.
- Experience with organization, planning, and follow through.
- Experience negotiating with carriers and brokers across multiple modes of transportation.
- Experience working in a TMS and/or CRM.
- Competency in Microsoft Office and Google applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; must have the ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively via email, phone, and during face to face meetings.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and function independently, within authorized limits.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Analyst, Analytics, Pricing, Performance, MC Number