1099 Freight Broker Agent
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a leading provider of Full-Service Transportation Management and Brokerage services for Shippers across all industries. They handle millions of loads annually across all freight modes. Their carrier network consists of 45,000+ carriers. Their proprietary TMS software provides business intelligence and technology-enabled transportation solutions. Through their talented people, innovative technology and proven processes, they create customized solutions based on client's needs. They exceed customer expectations from pick up through delivery – every shipment, every time. With one of the fastest growing staffs of logistics professionals in the industry, they deliver best-in-class service to each and every customer.
Job Type: Full-time; Work from home
1099 Agent (Remote)
This role will serve as an individual contractor who will own their own business. This role will be responsible for getting customers and moving their freight. This role consists of both sales and operations aspects and requires a candidate that is comfortable handling both. The ideal candidate is sales-minded, confident at building relationships and growing a portfolio of customers and carriers.
- Manage customer/carrier relationships.
- Establish customer business and oversee account management process.
- Upsell and retain customers.
- Build relationships with owner-operators to further service business as needed.
- Negotiate rates.
- Source carriers.
- Generate sales leads.
- Track load status.
- College degree is strongly encouraged, but not required.
- 1-2+ years of prior experience in a sales-related role.
- Prior relationships with owner-operators is preferred.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC or other technical tools in completing assignments.
This position offers a competitive agent plan.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload