It’s the most wonderful time of the year at work – the office holiday party! Well, not quite this year. The pandemic has caused companies to swap their usual festivities for a virtual party. But this isn’t a simple happy hour video call, this is a holiday party; get creative. There are plenty of ways to spread the joy with the team and clients, alike.
1. Make a Holiday Handbook. Ask team members for their favorite holiday recipes, activities, and movies. Compile it in Google Docs based, organized by category, and share internally. Speaking from experience, our team loved having movie options to binge, recipes to recreate, and activities that can be done during quarantine.
2. Ugly Holiday Sweaters. This is always a fun office activity that can be recreated over your preferred video platform. Take a snapshot and turn it into a fun virtual card that can be saved and shared!
3. Secret Santa. What are you waiting for? Get your team on Elfster! This platform virtually chooses your secret Santa and allows participants to create a wish list. With next-day shipping available, your team can easily purchase gifts, ship them to their secret Santa, and have a virtual present party to reveal who their secret Santa was and open gifts together.
4. Social Distance Elf Deliveries. Have a gift package delivered to your team members with some gear they will appreciate over the holidays! If your team members are in the same vicinity, have a couple of volunteers personally deliver them to each member, from a safe distance of course, in a festive costume, such as elves!
5. Show Clients Appreciation. This time of year, most companies send their clients a “thank you” holiday gift. With COVID a concern for physical gifts, send a donation to a charity in honor of your clients. This is a great way to give back to communities and show your clients your care about your partnership.
Sure, it’s not a typical holiday season, but it can still be special. Now, what are you waiting for, go toast your team and enjoy the holiday season!