Our client was founded in 1965 as a waste paper trading company. They have more than half a century of waste paper trading experience and are head quartered in Lausanne with a globally presence.
Waste Paper Trader (Remote)
Our client's U.S. team needs an experienced, hardworking, enthusiastic and positive minded Wastepaper Trader.
Job Type: Full-time/ Work from home
- Manage an existing portfolio of wastepaper suppliers on the East Coast.
- Engage in business development efforts by adding new suppliers to the list of our client’s wastepaper sources.
- Conduct a high volume of phone calls to suppliers throughout the week, day in day, relentlessly.
- Cold call sources that our client’s company has no relationship with.
- Attend recycling conferences and represent our client’s company at these conferences professionally.
- Travel to suppliers to build and maintain relationships and to inspect wastepaper quality.
- Manage one currently active inspector in New York.
- Get involved actively in the logistics movements, following each shipment digitally to make sure the logistics team is taking due care and abiding by the clients’ requirements.
- Report to the director of our client’s U.S. division.
- Get involved at the paper mill and converting plant level.
- Travel internationally a couple of time a year if and when deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s educational level or equivalent as a minimal.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a waste paper buying or trading position.
- Previous experience in a paper mill and/or a converting plant.
- Advanced Excel skills and generally all standard office applications.
- Capable of working within a stressful and commercially driven environment.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Can come to the table with well established relationships within the recycling industry.
- Available full time 08:30 to 17:30 Monday to Friday and willing to go the extra mile, always.
- Full clean driving license.
- Own car and happy to use it as long as a $/mileage amount is agreed upon.
- Currently resides in the tri-state area.
This position offers a competitive base salary
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, Demand, Analytics, buyer, buying, purchasing, inventory, SKU, stock levels, forecasting, brands, products, supply chain, vendors, suppliers, product variability, procure, procurement, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC