Warehouse Operations Team Leader 3rd Shift
City & State:
Entry Level Independent Contributor
Warehousing, Shipper (Manufacturer or Distributor), Production/Manufacturing, Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Managed Transportation
Our client is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. They achieve their business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. They help their customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
Warehouse Operations Team Leader 3rd Shift:
This individual is responsible for directing and engaging operations employees to achieve productivity goals. This role will manage a shift and will spend most of the time coaching and leading the operations team to efficiently and safely achieve production and quality goals. The role will collaborate with various teams on implementing continuous improvement initiatives and leading practices.
- 3rd Shift Hours: 11pm-7am; Starts Sunday night and ends Friday morning
- Interact with and motivate the workforce.
- Conduct daily shift meetings.
- Solve problems and address issues for employees.
- Regularly communicate team goals and results.
- Understand and communicate shift; customer and logistics center goals.
- Execute the daily work plan by adjusting the workflow to meet goals.
- Implement company’s Labor Management Program (performance observations).
- Provide front line feedback on staffing needs to Supply Chain Leader and Operations Leader.
- Provide coaching through observations and provide performance feedback.
- Track and communicate Operations Specialist performance.
- Conduct safety observations and participate in Safety Committee.
- Monitor and manage employee time, attendance and payroll.
- Job shadow Operations Specialists.
- Identify training and cross-training needs.
- Conduct on-the-job training with Operations Specialists.
- Perform process quality checks and program management.
- Communicate customer specific requirements.
- Review Logistics Center performance against Customer requirements.
- Help the Operations Specialists to feel more connected to the larger customer goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 1-3 years of direct supervisory experience.
- Skills in leadership, organization, communication and cross functional teamwork.
- Emphasis on safety is extremely important.
- Understanding of warehousing operations with experience in a distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with MHE.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with warehouse management systems or Red Prairie WMS is a plus.
- Ability shift priorities easily, and multi-task in a highly transactional environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to engage with the workforce and create a positive environment and culture.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR