Our client is a transportation and warehousing company that serves the Chicagoland area. They are looking to expand their team and add another member.
Warehouse Dock Supervisor
The ideal candidate will be a “hands on” working Supervisor who will
assist the Manager with daily operations, billing, inventory control and work assignments using computer skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Review and efficient assignment of work for permanent and casual labor.
- Material Handling of unloading and reloading containers, transloads, reworks and special projects as assigned by General Manager.
- Communicate and Coordinate activities and requirements with Warehouse General Manager, our client, Yard, Back Office Staff, Customers and their Vendors and Carriers.
- Assist in scheduling inbound and outbound deliveries.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of bills of lading and back up paperwork, take pictures and document load damage and discrepancies.
- Maintain inventory (Physical and Spreadsheet entry).
- Billing, timely and accurate.
- Maintain Maintenance records for Forklifts.
- Additional duties as assigned by Manager.
- Minimum of 3 years of warehouse operations experience required.
- Proven ability to lead a team.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office programs, Google Docs and PDFs.
- Understand and be able to calculate proper palletization of commodities.
- Understand and be able to configure loading patterns for legal truck weights.
- Understand and know legal limits and weights when loading units (gross and axle weights).
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, General Industry Osha Standards, Staff Management, Line Management, Workload Planning, Movement Monitoring, Inventory Levels, Training, Receiving, Dock Operations, Inbound, Outbound, Value-Adding, Picking, Packing, Kitting Operations, SCRUM, Location Management, Reconciliation, Process Management, Process Improvement, SOP, Materials Control,Plant Safety, Staging Management, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management