Our client manufactures, packages and distributes brands of chewing tobacco, moist snuff, cigars, tobacco-free nicotine pouches, matches and lighters. They are based in Richmond, Virginia and were incorporated in 1985. Today they are the third largest snus and moist snuff company in the US.
VP of Supply Chain - Tobacco Products:
The VP of Supply Chain - Tobacco Products is responsible for overseeing manufacturing facilities within the United States and Dominican Republic.
- Provide leadership for all company manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and Dominican Republic.
- Develop short-term and long-term operations strategy.
- Overall responsibility of factory management.
- Direct and monitor supply chain metrics for the entire operation, including overall responsibility for the following functions: Procurement, Materials Management and Distribution. Administer the control of materials supply, inventory and labor investment.
- Establish, plan and implement operation strategies and internal processes ensuring continuous improvement and achievement of corporate goals.
- Oversee all product manufacturing and production process development for the factories.
- Overall responsibility for achieving and maintaining ISO certifications, plant security, safety and environmental control and property conservation programs, in cooperation with appropriate staff functions.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to the Company's Sustainability program at all factories.
- Establish effective customer and vendor rapport and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Establish long-term and short-term operating and financial goals including budgets and forecasts to ensure effective operations and optimum profitability for all factories.
- Organization development in enhancing the operation of corporate programs as they pertain to manufacturing, manufacturing support and supply chain management.
- Serve as advisor to the President, U.S. Division on manufacturing needs, capital equipment investment, cost control opportunities or other areas within defined scope of responsibility.
- Directly supervise Directors of Operations, utilizing Performance Management and Personal Effectiveness Plans.
- Serve as an active member on various committees and teams, including but not limited to the Management Team, and the Benefits Committee.
- Keep well informed on new developments, financial performance and other subjects relative to the continued success of the Company.
- Performs special projects and studies at the request of the President, U.S. Division.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of Operations and Supply Chain experience in upper-level management positions within a major manufacturing organization. Supply Chain Management concepts expertise is required. Demonstrated success in all phases of Operations & Supply is a must.
- Strategic thinker, partnership and relationship building ability, focus on continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives and strong leadership, team management and negotiation skills. Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong customer service orientation.
- Sound knowledge of all aspects of operations planning, including but not limited to financial analysis, product development, packaging and quality requirements, manufacturing and material management. Demonstrated expertise in effective management practices and good leadership techniques.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing