City & State:
Benton Harbor, MI
Driver Management (Recruiting/Training/Retention), Asset
Our client is an asset-based company with 50+ trucks. They were established in 2006 and have since grown to 12+ employees. They mostly focus on Temperature-Controlled freight and work nationwide.
The Transportation Manager is responsible for the effective management and coordination of drivers, vehicles, loads, and routes for deliveries to and from the Regional Distribution Center. The Transportation Manager will work collaboratively with the General Manager to ensure the proper distribution and logistics processes are in place to help support our clients business and company objectives. The Transportation Manager will also oversee that all equipment is properly maintained by the Fleet Manager and in safety compliance as assessed by the Compliance Manager, and ensure the appropriate policies and procedures are in place and executed in compliance with all company policies, and state and federal rules and regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Communicate effectively with the Regional Distribution Centers General Manager, Vice President of Logistics and Distribution, the Director of Logistics, and the Regional Distribution Centers Logistics Account Manager(s) to book cost effective loads and distribution routes with our clients fleet of trucks.
- Maintain and achieve overall company budgets and distribution goals while continually analyzing performance and implementing strategies to achieve key metrics.
- Collaborate with the Chief Sales Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Director of Logistics, and the Vice President of Logistics and Distribution to ensure effective management of all parts of the supply chain.
- Interface with sales, production, and quality control to insure the companys customer service creates a competitive advantage in the marketplace and implement processes to resolve any critical distribution or load issues with customer orders.
- Monitor recruitment and training of new drivers to comply with company policies, safety precautions, industry requirements, and cold-chain procedures.
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures for the safe and efficient operation of the fleet.
- Maintain compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Develop plans and procedures to retain company drivers.
- Focus on the optimization of distribution and transportation costs and the distribution and delivery of products to customers.
- Communicate knowledge of transportation equipment and strategize new equipment acquisitions and aging equipment replacements for the future growth and progression of our clients fleet.
- Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling and forecasting potential customer loads.
- Facilitate and implement corrective actions to manage entire fleet to achieve company objectives.
- Analytical skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Bachelors degree in a related field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage personnel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and understand transportation software systems and technologies.
- Expertise in transportation equipment and mechanics.
- 5+ years of experience in the transportation industry.
- Understanding of all DOT, state, and federal requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in various workshops and educational programs to maintain knowledge of all industry regulations and rules.
This position offers a competitive base salary and standard benefits.