Our client owns and operates more than 2,000 tractor trailers, employs over 6,200 individuals, operates over 23 million square feet of contract and public warehouse and distribution space and generates $1B+ in revenue annually. They are a fully-integrated Supply Chain solutions provider, offering Logistics, Distribution, Transportation, Intermodal, Global Shipping, Real Estate and Packaging services across the United States.
Transportation Management Account Manager
The Transportation Management Account Manager is responsible for the operational execution for one or many pieces of business. This position includes the management of people, process, organic growth, and customer satisfaction. This position reports to the Director, Transportation Operations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Daily operational point-of-contact for internal clients.
- Manage a team of TM Coordinators and facilitate daily operational activities to service the customer. These activities include managing daily shipment activity, route guides, exception management and resolution, appointment scheduling, tracking initiatives, procure carrier spot-market capacity and execute shipment optimization activities.
- Provides guidance and training to TM Coordinators & Sr. TM Coordinators. • Initiate continuous improvement strategies that improve internal and external operations.
- Consult and offer best practices through extensive knowledge of the supply chain market and your customer’s network.
- Identify opportunities to connect customers to our client’s other divisions to improve their network and drive revenue to the broader organization.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews (QBR) with your customer through several presentation methodologies.
- Collaborates with TM Director of operations to create and manage internal/external standard operating procedure (SOP) documentation.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous process improvement that provides additional value to internal/external clients.
- Recognize opportunities and work to organically grow existing business.
- Must gain familiarity with our client’s departments such as Carrier Relations, Freight Audit/Payment and Invoicing.
- BA or BS degree required
- Ability to facilitate responsibility and manage expectations
- 5-10 years transportation-related industry experience with demonstrated acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up skills
- High level of business acumen and leadership qualities
- Professional aptitude, presentation and demeanor
- Ability to meet/exceed time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of internal/external management
- Proficient with MS Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Individual commitment to strengthen existing skill set and also acquiring new skills as required by client or department demands
- In-depth knowledge of TMS programs used for brokerage services
- Individual commitment towards sharpening existing or acquiring new skills as required by demands of the business or customers
- Availability to work flexible hours and travel based upon internal and external client needs.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Transportation Management, On-site, dedicated transportation, dedicated fleet, site operations, hubs, hub, account management, operations, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC