Transportation Customer Sales Representative
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client understands that the supply chain marketplace is dynamic, and one size does not fit all when it comes to transportation service. Our client's team of experienced professionals is dedicated to delivering customized solutions to each of their customers. They measure their success by ones success and look forward to partnering together for the continued growth of ones business.
Job Type: Full-time
Transportation Customer Sales Representative:
The Transportation Customer Sales Representative is responsible for prospecting and selling services to new customers, as well as, growing and retaining existing business. This role will work with customers to move inventory by matching their freight with empty equipment.
- Prospect leads and perform heavy cold calling to build pipeline.
- Strong account management skills to retain and grow existing accounts.
- Heavy price and service negotiation with customers.
- Develop and execute field sales business plans to achieve corporate revenue goals.
- Work closely with the operational staff to ensure customers needs and expectations are met.
- Meet or exceed sales quota as defined by the company.
- Track and trace all active orders for current on-time status and proactively contact customers, providing them with shipment status.
- Seek alternate solutions with customers in the event of a service deviation, including change of pick up or delivery appointments.
- Record and notate customer complaints regarding freight orders.
- Remedy customer complaints regarding service to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
- Contribute to the expansion sales strategy and the opportunity to build and shape the corporate culture.
- Perform core-selling activities, including sales call preparation, execution of sales calls and post-call analysis and reporting.
- Bachelors degree in business or transportation field is preferred.
- 3+ years experience in the transportation industry with a focus in a sales oriented position.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment with a high growth potential.
- Strong relationship building skills, negotiating power and ability to multi-task.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Prior experience working in a deadline driven environment.
- MS Office proficient, as well as, past TMS software experience is preferred but not required.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.