Transportation Brokerage Manager
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a national provider of final-mile and middle-mile delivery solutions for premier e-commerce businesses to develop solutions to expedite transit times, increase efficiency, while reducing costs. Growing to over 70 markets nationwide, they have been named to the Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing privately held companies for 5 years since the company’s start in 2011. They know the basis of their success is not only HOW they operate, but WHY they do it. Strategically partnering with businesses allows them to create a greater overall experience not only for their customers, but the consumers. They know they are only as good as their last delivery and take pride in maintaining a standard of excellence throughout the entire delivery process.
Job Type: Full-time
Transportation Brokerage Manager
This role will seek and identify sales leads and pitch goods or services to new clients within a brokerage environment. This role will build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate, and close business deals while maintaining knowledge of current market conditions.
- Place high volume of outbound phone calls daily.
- Generate and develop new business opportunities.
- Negotiate and build long-term relationships over the telephone with contacts.
- Make professional decisions in fast-paced environment balancing time, service standards, and profitability while impressing clients.
- Work individually while also being able to play on the team and be willing to assist others while multitasking.
- Provide clients and team members clear, concise updates on the status of shipments.
- Grow a profitable book of business.
- Identify and develop relationships with new customers (internal & external facing) to build portfolio of repeatable business.
- Meet growth objectives by growing customer within portfolio.
- Develop entry strategy specific to customer needs, review/analyze reports, and provide information of services offered primarily through cold-calling and sporadic face-to-face meetings with customers.
- Negotiate rates with customers to ensure that margins are achieved for commission targets and account goals.
- Process spot requests and develop new sales strategies to improve the business.
- Resolve freight discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, or related preferred but not required.
- College degree or 2+ years’ experience within the industry.
- Experience introducing and selling B2B services via prospecting calls.
- Basic knowledge of transportation.
- Experience negotiating with shippers and carriers.
- Experience generating and managing a book of business.
- Meet minimum sales requirements.
- Must be a fluent communicator in person, on the phone, and email.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Travel <30%.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR