Our client is one of the most innovative manufacturers of
educational materials in the country. Specializing in top-quality products for the home and classroom, they are a thriving multichannel organization with a robust web business, multiple catalogs for early learning and elementary programs, 60 store locations, plus a sales force that is second to none. Thanks to the daily contributions of the amazing people on our client’s team, our client has experienced continuous growth since the day it was founded in 1954.
The Transload Manager will lead and support warehouse/distribution
operations in Carson, CA. In this role, you’ll be responsible for inbound and outbound functions and overseeing process flow to ensure Transload SLAs are being met. This role balances inbound and outbound functions with team leadership duties. As a team leader, you must have a strong sense of urgency and excel in a fast-paced environment, while also possessing superb attention to detail, an ability to juggle multiple projects and strong interpersonal skills. This position will report to our General Manager of Satellite Warehouses.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintaining inbound and outbound operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational and personnel policies/procedures.
- Creating and implementing standards and metrics for the team.
- Maintaining a high level of inbound inventory accuracy and PO processing by working closely with the logistics team and Supply Chain management.
- Complying with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling and inbound requirements.
- Ensuring the organization and physical appearance of the inbound building is in good standing order .
- Developing employee performance by appraising, coaching, and counseling.
- Establishing safety practices and holding others accountable for adhering to them.
- Planning and monitoring daily labor needs based on immediate and forecasted order and unit volumes.
- Understanding the goals for the day and providing motivation to ensure they are met accurately and efficiently, while also encouraging teamwork and obtaining a high level of associate morale and recognition.
- Developing ongoing process improvements for all Receiving associates to ensure efficient operations.
- Minimum 5+ years of warehouse leadership experience and strong knowledge of inbound and outbound operations required.
- Minimum 5+ years of management experience in transloading, retail distribution, trucking transportation and/or inventory management.
- Demonstrated experience working in a process management system, an inventory management system, a warehouse management system and/or a transportation management system.
- Some exposure to/experience with retail supply chain operations is a must.
- Ability to build a high-performance and engaging work environment.
- Excellent leadership skills and communication skills and the ability to mentor employees.
- Results-oriented high achiever with excellent attention to detail who strives for maximum service levels.
- Flexibility, dependability, and disciplined professionalism.
- Ability to solve problems while keeping the needs of the customer and company in mind.
- Ability to lead a crew while supporting rules, regulations, and standards.
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects/assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of safety practices and OSHA requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
This position offers a competitive base salary
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Container, Port, Shipping Container, Container Port, Container Terminal, Maritime, Maritime Container Port, Inland Container Port, Container Yard, Port Authority, COFC, E-commerce, mobile shopping, applications, supply chain, affiliate marketing, A/B testing, average order value, bundling, cohort analysis, conversion, cross-selling, cookies, fulfillment, SEO, SKU, Web analytics, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, General Industry Osha Standards, Staff Management, Line Management, Workload Planning, Movement Monitoring, Inventory Levels, Training, Receiving, Dock Operations, Inbound, Outbound, Value-Adding, Picking, Packing, Kitting Operations, SCRUM, Location Management, Reconciliation, Process Management, Process Improvement, SOP, Materials Control,Plant Safety, Staging Management, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management