Our client is a specialty chemical manufacturer based in Charleston, West Virginia. For over sixty years, their products have been used in a variety of market applications across the globe. The company is committed to the development and manufacturing of innovative chemistries and novel delivery solutions to the delight of their customers. They consistently provide excellent customer service and product stewardship support in a highly regulated environment while maintaining a safe and reliable operations for their employees, and the communities in which they operate.
Job Type: Full-time
Supply Chain Planning Manager
This position is responsible for enabling profitable growth by delighting customers with excellent service while driving transformational improvement in both cost and working capital. The ideal candidate will have a healthy intolerance for the status quo, intellectual curiosity, comfort with uncertainty, and a process mindset. This position will be responsible for managing supply across the planning horizon and assuming responsibility for planning all elements in material flow including production, raw materials, outplants, site logistics, contract manufacturing as well as managing exceptions on a real time basis. This role demands customer focus, strong decision-making capabilities, agility, and excellent communication skills to effectively manage supply across multiple functions & geographies. This position will play a key role in the development, institutionalization, and continuous improvement of our client’s Sales & Operation Planning (S&OP) work process. This role will also be responsible for the performance (service, cost, quality, reliability and sustainability) for our client’s network of supply points.
- Enable profitable growth.
- Deliver the best service on the planet.
- Responsible for the performance of our client’s supply locations:
- Working capital
- Design supply networks for new finished goods & technologies, prepare for success.
- Inventory stocking strategy defined and implemented that enables upside.
- Develop operational plans (36 month horizon).
- Incorporate the plan into SAP.
- Communicate the plan to manufacturing partners and verify feasibility.
- Incorporate impact of improvement projects resulting in improved yields, increased cycle time, downtime for construction, etc.
- Incorporate planned turn-arounds into the SAP schedule.
- Provide active coaching to schedulers to drive improved work process adherence and deliver resultant service improvements and operational efficiencies.
- Ensure all new launches are delivered on-time, on-cost & that our client is prepared for success.
- Assume project implementation leader role for innovation projects & minor product modification (MPM) projects.
- Advocate, use and drive continuous improvement of our client’s product introduction & change management process designed to improve speed to market for new products, structural cost improvement opportunities and prioritization of resources.
- Maintain direct contact with key customers to drive innovative service improvement designed to entrench our client within their operations.
- Identify, scope and lead improvement opportunities designed to:
- Minimize supply risk.
- Improve our client’s competitive position.
- Reduce supply cycle-time.
- Improve sustainability profile.
- Institutionalize business service standards.
- Support ES&OP process.
- Balance finished good supply & demand over a one-year planning horizon.
- Responsible for planning / scheduling 0-36 months.
- Ensure supply capabilities are proactively installed to support growth.
- Proactively drive plant resourcing discussions driven by projected increases/ decreases in demand.
- Facilitate local resolution of regional supply/ demand imbalances.
- For F&P assets, provide monthly input to finance, manufacturing (internal/external) and/or purchasing regarding projected volume variances and changes to unit costs based on material prices and contractual price reconciliations.
- Ensure that issues related to manufacturing, supply chain or financial projections are resolved or escalated resulting in an approved financial forecast.
- Develop & institutionalize business service standards and “service premiums” designed to extract appropriate value for our client’s services.
- Ensure service standards are measured and achieved by all supporting functions.
- Deliver a sustained, competitive advantage for our client by driving:
- Reduce unit cost (raw materials, conversion cost, etc).
- Driving product quality improvements.
- Drive cycle-time reduction.
- Define and/ or accelerate channel collaboration opportunities.
- Business service standard adherence.
- Drive continuous improvement
- Set and deliver performance targets for their region
- Service: ATP, OTS, OTD, DIF & Service / Package Complaints
- Schedule Adherence: >95% PtP / StP compliance
- On-time launch of new products
- BSS adherence & service premium collection
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, Business Supply Chain or other related technical degree.
- 3 years of business/ operations experience required.
- APICS CPIM certification preferred.
- Strong experience with SAP and preferably Business Warehouse.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Know-how of supply chain theory and processes, operational execution, operations needs, asset management, business and accounting principles are critical.
- Demonstrated ability to intrapreneur within a corporate environment.
- Prior lead by influence experiences are beneficial.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, E-commerce (BtoC)/E-commerce (BtoB), Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management