Our client specializes in final mile logistics solutions to help
you meet the evolving needs of your customers. With a growing line haul network,
regional cross-dock and pool point facilities, final mile delivery expertise, and courier
services, you can count on our client to get the job done.
This role will support accounts receivables and payable to ensure all
revenue is accounted for and that all invoices are processed timely. The Staff Accountant will maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Set up and maintain new customer accounts and vendor accounts.
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, account reconciliations, and assist with monthly close processes.
- Support accounts receivable activities to ensure all revenue is accounted for weekly and monthly.
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure all invoices are processed timely and expenses are accounted for in the correct period.
- Maintain fixed assets by performing monthly additions, disposals, and recording of depreciation.
- Assist with annual audit preparations and partner with external auditors by answering all questions including providing supporting documentation as requested.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Follow all established accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform other accounting duties and supporting accounting functions as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting or related field.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and multiple databases.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and perform under pressure.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports.
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Expedite, Just in time, just-in-time, last minute, package delivery, last-mile, team drivers, sprinter van, ECommerce, Last Mile Shipping, Final Mile Shipping, Final Mile Delivery, Last Mile Delivery, Hot Shot, Courier, Auto, Plant, Assembly, Manufacture, Build, Automation, Robotics, production, inventory, parts, supply chain, stamping, metals, E-commerce, mobile shopping, applications, supply chain, affiliate marketing, A/B testing, average order value, bundling, cohort analysis, conversion, cross-selling, cookies, fulfillment, SEO, SKU, Web analytics, Finance, claims, adjustments, tracking, insurance, legal, inspection, expenses, liabilities, cash flow, P&L, profit and loss, assets, income, expenditures, equity, balance, sheet, Accounting, bookkeeping, auditing, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, balance, AR, AP, asset, inventory, expense, gross margin, revenue, CPA, Certified Public Accountant, overhead, trends, costs, sales reports, administrative services, receipts, W-9, 1099, ledger, payments, finance, schedules, commission, documentation, invoice, statements, billing, Excel, taxes, transactions, payment terms, accrued expenses, metrics, cost management, OPEX, COGS, CAPEX, actual costs, risks, savings potential, AOP, forecast, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC