Our client is one of the largest independently owned aerospace companies. The firm designs, certifies and manufactures integrated propulsion systems, nacelles and thrust reversers for business jets; builds composite aircraft structures, interior shells, custom cabinetry and radomes; and manufactures aircraft transparencies, such as cabin windows, wing-tip lens assemblies and flight deck windows. They are also is a major third-party provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services to the military, commercial airline and air freight markets.
Senior Master Scheduler
The Senior Master Scheduler is responsible for applying extensive knowledge of principles, theories, concepts and industry practices to perform material requirements planning required to manage the production operations for the manufacture and repair of aircraft and aerospace products. Accountable for creating the master schedule reflecting weekly production requirements and inventory plans that meet demand requirements from the SIOP process. Provides technical expertise to management and may represent the Company to customer, outside business or regulatory personnel in matters relating to material requirements planning.
Job Type: Full-time
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex and unusual problems that require independent judgment and ingenuity to develop/modify processes and procedures related to MPS and MRP Planning for manufacturing and repair.
- Develops, maintains, and communicates the weekly Master Production Schedule (MPS) at the detailed level (disaggregate/SKU) by translating the SIOP monthly aggregate Production Plan for the MPS horizon considering all demand and requirements for production.
- Maintains and provide valid Available to Promise (ATP) data.
- Identify and resolve conflicts with supply and demand and available capacity for the MPS horizon. Utilize “what if” simulations to evaluate proposed MPS changes to determine impact and execute the approved changes effectively.
- Coordinate the master scheduling function for manufacturing ensuring component required dates are managed to support production requirements while sending the appropriate procurement signals to Purchasing. Ensures inventory allocations/planned requirements are maintained to adequately support customer orders, production, and Purchasing. Analyzes and adjusts production schedules, allocations/planned requirements to meet needs.
- Prepares reports as required for management. Assists Management in the collection of data necessary to support status reporting and in the development of key metrics.
- Required to assist in training or instructing other departmental employees as necessary.
- Analyzes and configures MRP system to support manufacturing process. Inputs the MPS/MRP planning parameters, necessary to maintain optimum inventory levels in order to reduce inventory investment and maximum turn rate while maintaining excellent material support for production.
- Key interface with sales (CA), demand management, customer service, engineering, procurement, and production for the purpose of satisfying customer requirements and providing policy advocacy to the business. Facilitate daily/weekly/monthly meetings for assigned programs.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical or business related major
- Other APICS certifications preferred
- 5-7+ years of related experience and / or training
- A combination of education, experience, and training may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Ability to lead, contribute, and influence others in a team-based organization
- Willingness and aptitude to function as a change agent to improve upon systems, processes and procedures associated with MPS and MRP in a manufacturing and repair environment. Ability to develop and motivate individuals and teams within the organization. Proven leadership capability in a continuous improvement operations and or planning environment is necessary
- Communicates effectively using electronic media and in written and verbal forms
- Competent in the use of standard software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficient in the use of data mining and relational data base tools such as Insite, Query Maker or MS Access. Must have PC-based planning and inventory systems experience and related skills in planning.
- Requires understanding and application of continuous improvements and operational excellence methods (i.e., performance measures and score-carding, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing/Supply Chain).
- Strong orientation towards customer service and consumer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively and collaboratively in teams, across functional lines, and with internal and external customers. Requires solid math and analytical skills.
- Understands and applies time-based manufacturing and lean supply chain concepts, and manufacturing processes.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Science, Engineering, Aeronautics, Aerospace Engineering, Space, Air, Airspace, Technology, Innovation, Aerodynamics, Aircraft, Spacecraft, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Demand, Analytics, buyer, buying, purchasing, inventory, SKU, stock levels, forecasting, brands, products, supply chain, vendors, suppliers, product variability, procure, procurement, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC