Our client is one of the largest independently owned aerospace companies. The firm designs, certifies and manufactures integrated propulsion systems, nacelles and thrust reversers for business jets; builds composite aircraft structures, interior shells, custom cabinetry and radomes; and manufactures aircraft transparencies, such as cabin windows, wing-tip lens assemblies and flight deck windows. They are also is a major third-party provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services to the military, commercial airline and air freight markets.
Senior Manager, Sales Inventory & Operations Planning
The Sr. Manager, Sales Inventory & Operations Planning is responsible for managing areas of the Supply Chain organization across the division focused in Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning. Develops and provides leadership to institutionalize the company’s Business System processes in accordance with organization goals and objectives across division.
Job Type: Full-time
- Develops and updates purchasing policies and procedures for raw materials, purchased parts, fabricated parts, components, and other items as directed ensuring standardized procedures to drive best in class Inventory management capability and best in class Inventory levels. Ensures company and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) standards and procedures are followed regarding planning, purchasing and estimating along with other regulatory and/or customer requirements.
- Leader and point of contact role for SIOP processes, procedures and systems implementations for divisional coordination and implementation.
- Conducts analysis to develop processes and metrics to drive optimal inventory levels across the division while ensuring Customer OTD / Support levels are achieved. Reports on progress and performance of processes and metrics as directed.
- Establishes best inventory management practices across the business units, reports to the executive level relative to inventory performance and progress to plan.
- Acts as an advisor to the supply chain leaders in each of the business units to ensure best practices are in place and there are effective inventory control measures in place.
- Establishes SLOB (slow moving/obsolete) inventory plans in coordination with the business units for most effective disposition (i.e. sale, scrap, etc.).
- Establishes inventory procedures across division, ensures uniformity, and also works with finance on inventory transfer protocol and requirements.
- Implements planning thru a statistical or custom planning book within SAP for common use items (items consumed across multiple plants) which will combine demand streams and dampen volatility. Responsible for all procedures relative to this process once launched.
- Identifies organizational gaps and makes recommendations to executive leadership as it relates to staffing the SIOP process across the business unit.
- Develops and manages a succession plan for responsible organization to include training and career development of team members, providing guidance to Stakeholders and teams on development, performance and productivity issues.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Business or Materials Management or equivalent and 10 or more years related experience and/or training, including at least 5 years supervisory or management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in customer facing environment and with sales teams; demonstrated success in inventory management in manufacturing, aerospace experience preferred
- Communicate effectively using electronic media and in written and verbal forms to all levels
- Power user in the use of standard software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong SAP use and knowledge
- Extensive knowledge in inventory management, SIOP (sales inventory & operations planning) process and ERP systems, specifically ERP planning, multiple forecasting modeling systems, statistical planning techniques, etc.
- Working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Just in Time (JIT), Statistical Process Control (SPC), American Production & Inventory Control Society (APICS), and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and standards.
- Solid understanding of ABC inventory theory
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Science, Engineering, Aeronautics, Aerospace Engineering, Space, Air, Airspace, Technology, Innovation, Aerodynamics, Aircraft, Spacecraft, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Demand, Analytics, buyer, buying, purchasing, inventory, SKU, stock levels, forecasting, brands, products, supply chain, vendors, suppliers, product variability, procure, procurement, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader