Our client is disrupting the $60B LTL freight industry. They're transforming the old way of shipping goods via the hub and spoke model by creating a platform that enables pooling multiple shipments into multi-stop, full truckloads. They use algorithms, technology, and industry-leading talent to make shipping freight easier, faster, and with less risk of damage for companies across the country. Combined with the purchasing power of thousands of shippers across the US, our client is the one-stop solution for all FTL, PTL, and LTL freight shipments.
Job Type: Full-time
Senior Business Development Executive (Transportation)
This role is a client-facing sales role that is responsible for acquiring, growing and retaining customers. This role is tasked with managing relationships, educating customers on using the company’s application, explaining the value and benefits of using our client and overall bookings and revenue from their set of customers. This individual will proactively make outbound calls to identify opportunities and build his/her own pipeline to close deals and increase revenue. All individuals are expected to meet or exceed targets and maintain a detailed record of their activities in CRM systems.
- Develop a strong sales pipeline through determination, resourcefulness and persistence; self-generate leads by using a full range of prospecting methods: trade shows, door to door calls, networking events, cold calling, cold emailing, and social selling.
- Convert sales qualified leads through the sales pipeline.
- Build relationships with Fortune 500 customers using a consultative sales approach.
- Achieve monthly bookings quota.
- Use a consultative sales approach to offer clients industry-changing products to provide immediate and long-term solutions to their problems.
- Possess a deep understanding of each client, including their needs, challenges, communication styles, roles, and key decision makers within each customer.
- On an ongoing basis, gather and validate an understanding of a customer’s revenue potential via annual freight spend to achieve maximum wallet share for each customer.
- Conduct 50-100 outbound calls to customers per day based on the book of business owned and leads in pipeline to build relationships and drive bookings.
- Build trust and credibility with customers by consistently delivering superior account management.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders involved in moving a customer’s freight.
- Remain up to date and knowledgeable on every aspect of the customer’s experience including understanding operations and fulfillment.
- Track account information, emails, communication, status, and our client’s systems.
- Consistently meet or exceed all activity and revenue goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in the transportation industry.
- Previous freight industry experience required.
- Well established with customer contacts and new business leads.
- Strong motivation to make money based on results.
- Ability to be being held to a daily, weekly and monthly target ranging from activities to bookings.
- Possess the ability to learn quickly.
- Desire to join a fast-paced, early-stage startup.
- Possess a great attitude, self-motivation and the ability to thrive in change.
- Be hungry to win and strive to hit your goals day in and day out.
- Ability to be resourceful and multitask.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to learn new product concepts and verbalize the benefits fluently.
- Excellent perception and problem-solving skills with an ability to quickly recognize opportunities.
- Ability and desire to make cold calls over the phone to prospective customers.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.