RVP of Transportation
City & State:
Managed Transportation, Asset
Our client owns and operates more than 2,000 tractor trailers, employs over 6,200 individuals, operates over 23 million square feet of contract and public warehouse and distribution space, and generates $1B+ in revenue annually. It is a fully-integrated supply chain solutions provider, offering logistics, distribution, transportation, intermodal, global shipping, real estate and packaging services across the U.S.
The Regional Vice-President (RVP) administers, operates and develops their area of the business to meet the Company and employee expectations as outlined in the company business, and marketing plans. The position is a healthy mix of strategy and operations, leaning more towards strategy activities and leadership/development of the team. The RVP has the responsibility for setting the direction and achieving key metrics within the business area. This position requires superior business acumen, negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills, and a demonstrated ability to implement new solutions and lean/continuous improvement programs. A key focus of this role will be to direct and coach department leaders to accomplish the goals of the Company along with ensuring embodiment of the Company’s Purpose, Vision, and Values in their day-to-day activities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Works with the SVP of Transportation and leadership team to define
- Transportation strategy including customer and employee satisfaction at existing business locations, identifies business targets and business development opportunities including organic growth, new start up’s and potential acquisition targets.
- Builds customer relationships at the executive, regional and local levels to support retention of existing business and helping to expand service offering with existing customers.
- Exhibits commitment to the development of the Company employees, including active ownership of self-development. Empowers and challenges team members to reach their full potential. Recruits, develops, and retains a high performing team.
- Collaborates with Sales team to increase activity within the region
- Coordinates, actively participates, and creates sales presentations & strategies targeted to both new sales and existing customer renewals
- Monitors and ensures QBRs are performed for customers and for profitability
- Manage budget and metrics for region to measure operational performance aligned with overall the Company objectives
- Provide accountability for monthly results vs. budget and KPI’s
- Compiles and prepares monthly financial and operational analysis
- Creates operational plans to increase revenue and existing output at current locations. Strategically adjusts activities, policies and practices to meet or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals.
- Actively supports other business areas in the achievement of their goals
- Identifying key productivity metrics and working with local management to help drive delivery of budget targets
- Ensures start-ups, new initiatives, productivity tools and other programs are implemented as planned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management,
- Operations Management or a closely related field required or equivalent
- combination of education and related experience. MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years-experience in the transportation/transportation logistics field in
- progressive leadership positions including oversight and management of a P&L
- Previous dedicated and/or private fleet background preferred
- Strong analytical skills and mathematical competency
- Strong financial conceptual skills
- Excellent computer applications background including MS Office applications, reporting, analysis and presentations software
- Capability to influence a wide range of groups and individuals to actively support a point of view or position. Demonstrates ability to secure ‘buy-in’ of others who may hold a contrary view.
- Grows with determination, compassion, self-awareness, and courage.
- Exemplifies how to do the difficult, right thing every day. Demonstrates commitment, courageousness, respect, and self-awareness.
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues. Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Generates creative solutions to open up new opportunities or to resolve difficult business situations.
- Proactively develops customer relationships by making efforts to listen and to understand the customer; but is equally able to challenge and develop the customer’s perceptions by proposing new value-adding propositions.
- Must be willing to travel, often without ample notice, perhaps up 40-60% of the time.
This position offers a competitive base salary and standard benefits.