Regional Sales Manager
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Outside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is the most respected name in trucking since 1951. From their start with two trucks in Joplin, Missouri to todays 2,000 trucks and locations across North America, they have always prided themselves on their reliable capacity and superior service. Headquartered in Joplin, Missouri, they are a leading provider of time-definite, 53-foot dry-van truckload transportation services throughout North America. Their employees are what set them apart. Their team works together to ensure best in class service and their professional drivers deliver on-time, damage free loads and have 24/7 access to an experienced support team when they need it. This has made the Company's truckload fleet a staple of shippers for more than 66+ years.
Regional Sales Manager:
The Regional Sales Manager must be able to identify, prospect and secure business by promoting the Company brand and integrating transportation solutions using our vast portfolio of services to meet the customer’s needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Prospect and cold call in a designated sales territory developing new customers.
- Identify and execute revenue enhancing strategic partnerships.
- Manage, renew and up-sell existing clients.
- Collaborate with sales team to develop expertise and new customers.
- Prepare client presentations, contract negotiations and provide follow through.
- Respond to RFPs with a high degree of detail and in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in company promotional events, as well as, outside company sales gatherings, such as networking events and client promotions.
- Organize workflow to divide time effectively between business development and maintaining current relationships.
- Responsible to achieve growth and margin. Responsible and accountable for respective budget; leads sales budget preparations.
- Interface with various internal departments to ensure delivery of customer satisfaction.
- Minimum of (3) years related logistics sales experience preferred.
- Must be able to identify, prospect and secure 3PL multimodal logistics business.
- Ability to foster and maintain relationships with customers to develop long term account value.
- Must be flexible and adaptable in your approach to negotiating. Identify and recommend solutions beneficial to all involved. proven skill in negotiating with customers in completing transactions and producing win-win (mutually beneficial) results.
- College degree is not required, but is a plus.
- Demonstrated highly effective verbal and written communication skills. Adopt a proactive approach to communication including but not limited to timely follow up and follow through.
- Must possess the skills and ability to prepare and present concise, accurate and professional reports and presentations.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate across the enterprise with all levels of operations personnel and customer operational structure.
- Ability to resolve complex situations. Identify the areas of opportunity within the customer supply chain to be able to leverage the opportunity for the Company to provide innovative solutions.
- Understand and exercise discipline while adhering to and operating within the sales cycle.
This position offers a competitive base salary and standard