Our client is a fully licensed and insured freight brokerage firm headquartered in Augusta, GA, with offices in McAllen, TX, and Atlanta, GA. They assist clients with the transportation of goods throughout the continental United States and Canada. Their commitment to customer service, their network of carriers, and their knowledge of the industry sets them apart from other transportation and logistics brokers.
Produce Truck Broker:
This individual will help grow customer and carrier base and expand lane coverage. This is a great opportunity for an agent to get in on the ground level and help grow and shape the company into a prosperous freight management firm to be proud to work for and represent. This position is ideal for an existing broker that has a great book of business, but does not want to keep up with all of the costs of running their own brokerage.
- Develop and execute a plan to start up and expand a successful customer base, as well as an effective carrier database.
- Negotiate contracts/rates with both customers and carriers.
- Manage several business accounts that need shipping services for their products, help streamline their supply chain for efficiency, find the best shipping services for their budget and needs, and oversee the paperwork, tracking, and reporting processes for shipping in McLeod Software.
- Update customers on the status of their loads frequently, by being in contact with the carrier to avoid any issues that may cause delay of delivery or loss in product.
- Recruit new carriers into the brokerage network and maintain positive relationships with carrier database.
- Negotiate pricing for shipments with freight companies to help them earn a profit for each transaction.
- Track all loads, through McLeod software, in order to maintain on-time pickups and deliveries; follow up on all issues throughout the duration of the load and provide problem resolution for the customer and carrier.
- Continuously analyze the processes to ensure they continue to work for your clients.
- Experience in the field of freight management and/or sales either with carriers, corporate logistics management, third-party logistics or any combination thereof.
- Experience using load boards (Internet Truck Stop and DAT).
- Experience with McLeod Software.
- Knowledge of current trucking compliance laws, as well as contract law for negotiating purposes.
- Must have a book of business and ability to bring accounts with you.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage