Our client is the leading provider of transportation management services and logistics technology, helping manufacturers, retailers and distributors optimize supply chain operations and increase financial performance. Offering a complete suite of transportation management, strategic capacity, and cross-border and global trade services, their customizable logistics solutions and best-in-class technology gives businesses greater control of their transportation operations and enhanced visibility of shipments and overall supply chain performance. They deliver the optimal blend of actionable business intelligence and operational excellence to manage your supply chain with certainty.
This individual will be responsible for overseeing the operations for multiple warehouse locations.
Job Type: Full Time
- Oversees operations on multiple warehouse locations.
- Maintains warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and executing operational program, using the technology and equipment and following personnel and process policies and procedures.
- Complies with all applicable regulations and policies, company, federal, state, and local related to warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Improves and maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by assisting in preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results in coordination with Warehouse managers or Supervisors.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
- Contributes to team effort with internal and external customers by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement programs resulting in customer satisfaction, process efficiencies, service quality and cost and revenue contributions.
- Conducts a thorough search for relevant information when approaching problems - Grasps pertinent issues in all their complexity - Carefully weighs the impact of a broad range of related issues or factors - Requests the opinions and insights of others during problem-solving efforts, when appropriate.
- Ability to work together with internal and external contacts to link the responsibilities and actions of others and attain concord, including the ability to collaborate within our client's teams to effectively leverage brokerage services.
- Makes sound decisions that consider cost/benefit - Accurately estimates expenses, in mode selection, route planning and carrier selection and any other decision-making responsibilities - Shows innovation in reducing expenses.
- Displays confidence in ability to make sound decisions - Supports, explains and bases decisions on factual/logical information and good judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in Warehousing and Imports-Exports.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge in Customs regulations and operations.
- Knowledge of CTPAT regulations. • Automotive + Import/Export process (USA to Mexico) knowledge.
- Knowledge in Warehouse Management.
- People management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Tools (Ability to leverage Excel and other MS programs, including Word, Outlook, Lync, etc.).
- Advanced Spanish and English written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer