Our client is a full-service cooperative operating for the benefit of its members. 147 members are now in six states, with 35 of its members producing Organic Milk. They Raw Milk Marketing services, a seasonal ultra-filtration plant, Producer Payroll Services, Laboratory Services, and dairy supplies and feed mill services to its members. They currently handle most of the milk marketed in the state of Florida. It is their job to balance the needs of the two primary stakeholders – member farmers and customer processors.
Job Type: Full-time
The dispatcher role is responsible for the planning and execution of all dispatch supply chain functions in the most efficient manner that results in exceptional service to members and customers.
- Responsible for effective and efficient planning, coordination, and execution of drivers and equipment to assigned destination.
- Prepare daily, detailed shift and status reports
- Coordinate plans and execute routes and deliveries in accordance to customer times, PMO standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure all DOT regulations are met.
- Provide consistent and exceptional service to all customers.
- Demonstrate an understanding and functionality with a Trucking computer database and other related computer systems.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED; or 12 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced atmosphere both independently and as a team.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent communication skills, writing and speaking.
- Must be able to write and type routine reports and correspondence
- Excellent organizational/time management skills and verbal communication skills.
- General knowledge of trucking industry with a year or more of related experience.
- Ability to independently perform a wide range of activities under general guidance from supervisors.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload