Founded in 1973, our client has been leading the industry in providing professional driver and logistics services to facilitate transportation needs in North America. They are an international organization, working with top private truck fleets throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. With over 300 locations in 40 states, and 30 divisional and regional offices, they've got you covered. Their thousands of employees are here to provide your fleet not only with driver services, but clerical, mechanical, warehouse, dispatch, and on-site management needs, as well. They are dedicated to providing you with the best service the transportation industry has to offer.
Director of Driver Recruiting
The Director of Driver Recruiting is responsible for the leadership of the recruiting processes and advertising initiatives. The ideal candidate will be expected to coordinate the recruiting process and work with the recruiting team in pursuing better techniques for engaging drivers and improving overall recruitment skills. The Director will work with the management team and recruiters located throughout the US, working on permanent driver, and temp-to-perm driver roles. The role will be responsible for strategically leading the department to accomplish company targets and goals by implementing necessary process improvements and changes, as well as managing software vendors to best utilize recruitment platforms.
Job Type: Full-time / Hybrid Schedule (Must be in the office at least 3 days per week)
- Work with the our client's leadership team and a team of 12 Driver Recruiters located throughout the United States.
- Coach and mentor Driver Recruiters in writing and posting job advertisements, communicating with Drivers, and exhibiting best practices.
- Understand Driver Recruiter needs in order to identify areas of improvement within the process and individual performance.
- Assist Driver Recruiters throughout the hiring process, as needed, in order to improve their abilities.
- Maintain a system to monitor KPIs and metrics to ensure company goals are being met.
- Work closely with the Operations leadership team who manage clients in need of the company’s driver services and hiring assignments.
- Thoroughly learn the intricate onboarding process to ensure Drivers are on-boarded correctly.
- Review the company’s current recruiting tools and processes to optimize efficiency.
- Manage vendor relationships with various software platforms including Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and others.
- Improve the effectiveness of all driver placement sources by ensuring each platform is utilized to its maximum extent.
- Review current marketing initiatives and implement advertising campaigns to generate leads.
- Maintain a thorough following and understanding of market trends within the industry.
- Research and analyze new driver acquisition methods to implement best recruitment practices to complement market changes.
- Identify other opportunities to increase hiring metrics to increase company revenue.
- Previous experience in a driver recruiting role.
- Proven management abilities and strong leadership skills.
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with peers and colleagues.
- Technologically advanced and able to utilize various platforms, including Zoom for virtual calls, job posting websites, driver applicant systems, internal CRM system and others.
- Ability to remain professional during high pressure situations.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills to combat any issues that arise.
- Research skills used to determine resolution for recruitment strategies and internal process improvements.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Transportation Management, On-site, dedicated transportation, dedicated fleet, site operations, hubs, hub, account management, operations, Recruiting, recruit, hire, interview, prospect, candidate, recruiter, talent acquisition, human resources, headhunting, agency, consulting, consultation, staffing, talent search, talent agency, executive search, employment, network, sourcing, strategy development, offers, negotiations, search firms, placement agencies, selection practices, talent lifecycle, talent attraction, TA, job leveling, salary trends, project management, volume hiring, compensation, job, application, resume, assessment, job search, preparation, applicant, submission, submittals, screening, boolean search, benefits, direct hire, direct placement, DOE, employee referral program, entry level, EEO, full life cycle, hiring manager, independent contributor, job description, requirements, job seeker, non disclosure agreements, non compete agreement, onboarding, phone screen, pipeline, reference check, resume parsing, commission, filling the position, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader